Meeting Kishkumen

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Meeting Kishkumen

Post by Jersey Girl »

msnobody wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:30 pm
It was an absolute joy meeting Kish yesterday.
Nobody likes you, msnobody. Not one single person! :twisted:
Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:32 pm
Just don't tell anyone that I look nothing like Alan Rickman in real life. ;)
I'll never forgive you for that disclosure. Liar. :evil:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr Moore wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:57 pm
in real life Kishkumen is a saint and an overall wonderful human being. Anyone who says otherwise doesn’t know him.
That is very kind of you to say so. I would hope that I am a better behaved person in real life.

Dr Moore is one of my heroes, so this means a whole lot to me.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

msnobody wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:44 pm
He is much better looking in real life. ;)
Aw, that is so nice of you to say. You are making me blush.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Abaddon wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:34 pm
(I kinda wish Kish DID look like Snape)
So do I, hence my choice of avatars.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:10 pm

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:32 pm
Just don't tell anyone that I look nothing like Alan Rickman in real life. ;)
I'll never forgive you for that disclosure. Liar. :evil:
:lol:
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:20 pm
Green with envy.

I've only had the pleasure of meeting two people from the boards in person over the years. One is lifeonaplate (Blair Hodges) who I got to enjoy a lovely dinner with him and his wife many many moons ago (pre-MI, etc.). The other no longer posts here, or if they do, under a different name. Silentkid. I was able to have a couple of drinks, many laughs, and a bit of nosh with him and one of his friends. Time flies... that was probably at least a decade ago (or more).
This board has been a wonderful social world. I have met or spoken on the phone with many posters here. It has made my life richer, and that is why I continue to hang out here.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:18 pm
This board has been a wonderful social world. I have met or spoken on the phone with many posters here. It has made my life richer, and that is why I continue to hang out here.
Indeed, it truly has been for me as well.

Before leaving Facebook, the more personalized contact (and dare I say, friendship) with those such as yourself, Darth J, Blixa, Dr. Stak, Ttribe, Screech, Bret R, David Bokovoy, Don Bradley, etc. was indeed a truly life enriching experience, and a great source of joy for me. The passing of internet ships in this small corner of the web definitely helps fill the void.
Last edited by Doctor Steuss on Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Dr Moore wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:57 pm
in real life Kishkumen is a saint and an overall wonderful human being. Anyone who says otherwise doesn’t know him.
in real life sure. We actually have a very slight in real life connection and I agree. I also think he looks a bit like Snape! It doesn't stop him, however, from being an absolute ass online to those who disagree with him without soothing his ego before, during, and after, however.

Based on his in real life behavior, I'm pretty sure he would be hugely horrified and deeply apologetic at how he treats some people here if he knew who they were in real life. But, I prefer his honest (if unbelievably rude) responses, unfiltered by societal concerns. It is far more interesting than the fake social stuff, and far more revealing.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Jesus, you’re a buzzkill, Marcus!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

consiglieri wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:05 am
Jesus, you’re a buzzkill, Marcus!
No surprise there. The sexist guy disparages the opinion of the woman he dislikes. Again. And again. And again. And again.