Meeting Kishkumen

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Meeting Kishkumen

Post by Marcus »

Dr Moore wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:15 am
Marcus wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:19 am

in real life sure. We actually have a very slight in real life connection and I agree. I also think he looks a bit like Snape! It doesn't stop him, however, from being an absolute ass online to those who disagree with him without soothing his ego before, during, and after, however.

Based on his in real life behavior, I'm pretty sure he would be hugely horrified and deeply apologetic at how he treats some people here if he knew who they were in real life. But, I prefer his honest (if unbelievably rude) responses, unfiltered by societal concerns. It is far more interesting than the fake social stuff, and far more revealing.
Yeah, you know I agree with this concept in a huge way. The internet really brings out the worst in people. In a very twisted way, I think that’s a reflection of the wounds we carry around, and somehow the psychology is such that it feels rewarding to put a communicative pseudonym in their place.

It’ll be awesome when AI can absorb all of that. Maybe a second internet will spring up where we go to be ourselves after thoroughly wrecking a text bot.
Lol. It has been my opinion for a very long time that anyone who posts online and has the money to do so owes it to themselves to hire a PR person whose only job is to inspect every single thing they post before letting it go live. Can you imagine if the chat AIs could do this??!!!!
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Back to Kishkumen…who as far as I know I’ve never met. On the whole I have found him to be respectful and thoughtful in his comments and interactions on this board.

Again, sorry I fed into a derail of sorts.

Regards,
MG
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:40 am
Dr Moore wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:15 am

Yeah, you know I agree with this concept in a huge way. The internet really brings out the worst in people. In a very twisted way, I think that’s a reflection of the wounds we carry around, and somehow the psychology is such that it feels rewarding to put a communicative pseudonym in their place.

It’ll be awesome when AI can absorb all of that. Maybe a second internet will spring up where we go to be ourselves after thoroughly wrecking a text bot.
Lol. It has been my opinion for a very long time that anyone who posts online and has the money to do so owes it to themselves to hire a PR person whose only job is to inspect every single thing they post before letting it go live. Can you imagine if the chat AIs could do this??!!!!
This is possible today. In your own voice too. Check out Writer. It’s expensive, like $30k per year for the first seat. The good news is the second seat is only $180.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Dr Moore wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:48 am
Marcus wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:40 am

This is possible today. In your own voice too. Check out Writer. It’s expensive, like $30k per year for the first seat. The good news is the second seat is only $180.
Worth it. in my opinion, every pro sports player should start their career with something like this. One of my kid's friends is about to start w the nfl-- very very nice kid, well spoken, polite, but i would give him the same advice. Hire a staff. Give yourself a buffer.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:42 am
Back to Kishkumen…who as far as I know I’ve never met. On the whole I have found him to be respectful and thoughtful in his comments and interactions on this board.

Regards,
MG
That’s very generous of you to say, MG. I appreciate it. Thank you for hanging out here in spite of the hostility that is regularly aimed at you. You are tougher than many people
to weather that storm regularly.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:19 am
in real life sure. We actually have a very slight in real life connection and I agree. I also think he looks a bit like Snape! It doesn't stop him, however, from being an absolute ass online to those who disagree with him without soothing his ego before, during, and after, however.

Based on his in real life behavior, I'm pretty sure he would be hugely horrified and deeply apologetic at how he treats some people here if he knew who they were in real life. But, I prefer his honest (if unbelievably rude) responses, unfiltered by societal concerns. It is far more interesting than the fake social stuff, and far more revealing.
It is always interesting to me to read how you interpret my posts. Often I don’t recognize what I have said in your take. And I don’t see that I am demanding that people constantly massage my ego. At the same time, I welcome your honest opinion.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:28 am
MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:42 am

Regards,
MG
That’s very generous of you to say, MG. I appreciate it. Thank you for hanging out here in spite of the hostility that is regularly aimed at you. You are tougher than many people
to weather that storm regularly.
Thanks. My feeling is that there are usually ‘flip sides’ to the coin on many of the issues that can be brought up in regards to Mormonism and its relationship to the world around us and the many and varied philosophies/religions and scientific theories that we find ourselves immersed in.

I find it interesting as to just how many issues have flip sides to choose from and investigate.

And I do find your viewpoints and contributions rather thoughtful and interesting knowing that at the same time your coin flips usually land at odds with mine. But that’s OK, as long as we can generally remain civil. That way conversations can continue.

Regards,
MG
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:58 pm
Thanks. My feeling is that there are usually ‘flip sides’ to the coin on many of the issues that can be brought up in regards to Mormonism and its relationship to the world around us and the many and varied philosophies/religions and scientific theories that we find ourselves immersed in.

I find it interesting as to just how many issues have flip sides to choose from and investigate.

And I do find your viewpoints and contributions rather thoughtful and interesting knowing that at the same time your coin flips usually land at odds with mine. But that’s OK, as long as we can generally remain civil. That way conversations can continue.

Regards,
MG
Agreed. Likewise.