Missionary called me

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Missionary called me

Post by Dr. Shades »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:53 pm
I attended all kinds of churches in SoCal on my mission. It was a great experience.
I attended a respectable amount of churches during my own mission as well, but I wouldn’t’ve dreamed of booking an appointment with an investigator at one.

Hence my surprise.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:38 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:53 pm
I attended all kinds of churches in SoCal on my mission. It was a great experience.
I attended a respectable amount of churches during my own mission as well, but I wouldn’t’ve dreamed of booking an appointment with an investigator at one.

Hence my surprise.
I’d be interested in hearing about your non-LDS church visits if either of you would like to share, or even about your missions.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

msnobody wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:20 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:38 pm

Hence my surprise.
I’d be interested in hearing about your non-LDS church visits if either of you would like to share, or even about your missions.
Shades has an excellent write-up of his mission that is definitely worth a read -- hopefully he or someone else will post the link (I tried to find it but ended up lost in a tangle of Perfume threads).