Is it all going to be worth it?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
The The
Nursery

Is it all going to be worth it?

Post by The The »

https://youtu.be/JOZuQkekh0c

I have been reading Paul Osbourne's contributions for years.

Recent posts have convinced me to participate here.

Shulem is correct about his conversations and writing. He may not be correct about just how toxic this forum is for Mormonism and Mormons.

The test here seems to be whether a person hates Daniel Peterson enough and who can express their hatred with the most words. If you can't hate him enough, how can you possibly hate Trump enough? If you can't hate them both enough, can you even begin to hate Dehlin or Rosebud enough? If you don't hate Rosebud enough, then are you the wrong kind of former Mormon?

The forum is now a contest of hatred and not a forum for Hamer's maps or his essays about loyal members of the Community of Christ. Why would he continue to contribute here if the gatekeepers require hatred toward his friends for being Christian?

The defense of the propagandist and promotor Dehlin is meaningless here now. It is all filtered through avatars of hatred for Peterson, Mormons and anyone who doesn't hate Peterson and Mormons like the folks here at the one true forum for antimormons, antichristians, antiPetersons and antipeople.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Is it all going to be worth it?

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

REVEAL YOURSELF DAEMON!

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

LOL
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

The The wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:15 pm

Recent posts have convinced me to participate here.
Your first post is a complaint about people bagging on someone, while you make the focus of your post bagging on someone else.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

I don't hate Peterson or Mormons. But, welcome.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

lol. is this binger again?
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

The The wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:15 pm

The test here seems to be whether a person hates Daniel Peterson enough and who can express their hatred with the most words. If you can't hate him enough, how can you possibly hate Trump enough? If you can't hate them both enough, can you even begin to hate Dehlin or Rosebud enough? If you don't hate Rosebud enough, then are you the wrong kind of former Mormon?

The forum is now a contest of hatred and not a forum for Hamer's maps or his essays about loyal members of the Community of Christ. Why would he continue to contribute here if the gatekeepers require hatred toward his friends for being Christian?

.... for antimormons, antichristians, antiPetersons and antipeople.
I have posted here for some years and have not suffered any result from my failure to hate Peterson, Dehlin ,Rosebud, Christians, or atheists.

gatekeepers? Is there a test somewhere? End of the semester?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:12 pm
lol. is this binger again?
Of course it is. Binger is the human equivalent of multiplying by zero.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I always appreciated his posts under a different name on the old boards. He seemed perfectly reasonable back then.

But I guess that was before trump.
bbbbbbb
Nursery

Post by bbbbbbb »

I have the blessed position of being blissfully ignorant of these individuals, except for Trump and atheists in general. I have discovered that it is quite impossible to hate a person you have never even heard of. In fact, although I am not overly fond of Mr. Trump, I don't hate him. In fact, I can't think of anyone I hate, not even atheists.