Is it all going to be worth it?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Is it all going to be worth it?

Post by Kishkumen »

The The wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:24 pm
Do you imagine that this is still a place for Mormons and member of the Community of Christ?
It is a place for anybody who registers here and wants to participate. It does not particularly cater to any one group. I think it is the nature of the beast that people who need to be coddled in their opinions will probably not last long in a free speech zone. For better or worse, this place leans in the direction of freer speech than most places where Mormons and CoC people hang out.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:38 am
Bring on Binger and Atlantic Mike!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:56 pm
The The wrote:
Do you imagine that this is still a place for Mormons and member of the Community of Christ?
It is a place for anybody who registers here and wants to participate. It does not particularly cater to any one group. I think it is the nature of the beast that people who need to be coddled in their opinions will probably not last long in a free speech zone. For better or worse, this place leans in the direction of freer speech than most places where Mormons and CoC people hang out.

Do you think forums like this exist for Judaism, Islam, or Catholicism?

I know they exist for Scientology and Jehovas witnesses.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Depends on the subgroup.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:25 pm
Kishkumen wrote:

I know they exist for Scientology and Jehovas witnesses.
Years ago, I became acquainted with a former JW on a ex-JW discussion board who was in SLC. It struck me as odd for JWs to be in UT.
In searching for his username, it was 17 years ago. Looks like the board is still up and running. Hmmm. Let me go explore.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

msnobody wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:57 pm
I remember there was a number for each faith on the old Beliefnet site. The Catholic ones were particularly active. I think the most popular was called the Ave Maria Cafe. Our own Shulem held forth on the LDS Discussions debate forum that the Book of Abraham was the real deal.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
The The
Nursery

Post by The The »

Kishkumen wrote:
The The wrote:
Ok
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

The The wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:15 pm
I have been reading Paul Osbourne's contributions for years.

Recent posts have convinced me to participate here.

Shulem is correct about his conversations and writing. He may not be correct about just how toxic this forum is for Mormonism and Mormons.

I hope you have found (Osborne's) contributions useful, informative, and enlightening in better understanding the mysteries of the Book of Abraham and the whole saga surrounding its creation under Joseph Smith's direct supervision.

I will agree that there is a great deal of toxic content on this board that is saturated with negativity. Such is our existence as we live out our lives on this toxic yet beautiful planet.

With regard to this message board, readers can take what they want and avoid the rest. I spend my time up in the Celestial forum where the air is fresh and the water is clean. Look, there is no need to complain about this board. That's just adding unnecessary negativity and can't possibly uplift you. So, contribute and participate where and when you think best and more power to you.

Live long and prosper