What Anti-Mormon Influencers Have In Common With Joseph Smith

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Lowrance
Star A

Re: What Anti-Mormon Influencers Have In Common With Joseph Smith

Post by Lowrance »

IHAQ wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:58 am
Lowrance wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:24 am
What an ignorant argument you have presented! You believe anti-Mormon influences are intelligent? Is this why you generally concur with them? It is ludicrous! Many influencers are intelligent, as are the brethren; many have PhDs, a few are attorneys and doctors, and I believe they are all college grads. Do you agree that the brotherhood are intelligent? I say you probably do. Why do people continue to believe in a religion that you believe is useless and should be destroyed? Because intelligence has no bearing on the decision to live a religious or nonreligious lifestyle. This is what the board can not comprehend! I'm beginning to suspect that the majority of posters on this forum want the church to collapse because, if the church is destroyed, they will feel vindicated.

Can you or anyone else in this room fully comprehend why John Dehlin is seen negatively today as opposed to years ago? Because he has exhausted all important content, he has jumped the shark and is now in shock jock territory! And every year that he keeps podcasting, he will need to find a method to surprise the audience in order to keep them entertained and justify his $250,000 pay. I am certain he is reading this. I'm the one who surprised him to the point where he joined the forum and commented on my thread, so hello John! My point is that RFM, Bill, and all the other anti-Mormon influencers will become shock jocks in the future, just as John did, when they run out of significant content. People will also come to loathe them. Why? Because they just emit negativity! They sell their viewers nothing but negativity 24 hours a day, every day.
I'm unclear as to what your aim is with this thread. You seem to be very angry about something. Why are you so mad about a couple of niche podcasters whose listeners feel like supporting them with a small financial donation on a regular basis? You don't have to listen to them. You're not obligated to fund them. It seems counter productive for you to spend so much time rallying against something that, on the face of it, has no bearing on you whatsoever. Why u so mad bro?
I'm unclear what this board's position on Mormonism is. Everyone in this board seems so angry about Mormonism. Why is everyone so mad about a religion when it has no lasting impact on them? You are not obligated to support the church after you resign; in fact, you are not obligated to support the church even if you are a member. It seems counter productive for you and everyone else to spend so much time protesting something that, on the surface, has absolutely nothing to do with you. why are you acting so mad, bro?

See how simple that is. Why then is it so simple for what you're arguing to be disputed back to you? Why are you still allowing Mormonism to consume so much of your everyday life if you have left it?
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Lowrance wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:19 pm
IHAQ wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:58 am
I'm unclear as to what your aim is with this thread. You seem to be very angry about something. Why are you so mad about a couple of niche podcasters whose listeners feel like supporting them with a small financial donation on a regular basis? You don't have to listen to them. You're not obligated to fund them. It seems counter productive for you to spend so much time rallying against something that, on the face of it, has no bearing on you whatsoever. Why u so mad bro?
I'm unclear what this board's position on Mormonism is. Everyone in this board seems so angry about Mormonism. Why is everyone so mad about a religion when it has no lasting impact on them? You are not obligated to support the church after you resign; in fact, you are not obligated to support the church even if you are a member. It seems counter productive for you and everyone else to spend so much time protesting something that, on the surface, has absolutely nothing to do with you. why are you acting so mad, bro?

See how simple that is. Why then is it so simple for what you're arguing to be disputed back to you? Why are you still allowing Mormonism to consume so much of your everyday life if you have left it?
why couldn’t you just answer my simple questions? Then we would know why you started this thread. <shrug>
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I'm unclear what this board's position on Mormonism is.
There is no “board position” on Mormonism. This board is set up for anyone who wants to discuss Mormonism as a topic to be able to do so. There is no one position on Mormonism that a person must have to post here.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Lowrance
Star A

Post by Lowrance »

IHAQ wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:36 pm
Lowrance wrote:

why couldn’t you just answer my simple questions? Then we would know why you started this thread. <shrug>
I did answer.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Lowrance wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:32 am
IHAQ wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:36 pm
I did answer.
No you did not. You responded, yes. But you didn't answer. There's a difference, and I suspect you know the difference.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:40 pm
I'm unclear what this board's position on Mormonism is.
There is no “board position” on Mormonism. This board is set up for anyone who wants to discuss Mormonism as a topic to be able to do so. There is no one position on Mormonism that a person must have to post here.
Seconded. The Good Reverend is living proof of that.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Lowrance wrote:
Everyone in this board seems so angry about Mormonism
All criticism looks like "anger" when you're a Mormon.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:25 pm
Lowrance wrote:
Everyone in this board seems so angry about Mormonism
All criticism looks like "anger" when you're a Mormon.
It is true, however, that some people on this board are angry; some have been angry, but have worked past the anger; some will continue to be angry, perhaps for ever.

And some of them will have very good reasons to be angry.

The board is here as much for the angry members as for anyone else, including those who seem to be angry that people are angry about Mormonism :)
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!