John Dehlin and RFM are money grubbers

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

John Dehlin and RFM are money grubbers

Post by drumdude »

They rake in tens of thousands of dollars a year.

They employ an army of 18 year olds as unpaid door to door salesmen.

They sit on an investment fund estimated to be around 100 billion dollars in size.

They own 2 percent of the state of Florida.

They have many “ex-Church broke” politicians in their pockets to guarantee favorable government policy towards them.

The force everyone who wants to comment on their videos into mandatory yearly tithing settlement sessions.

Anyone who fails to pay an honest tithe is not allowed to get married and access RFM’s proprietary post-Mortem exhalation program.

Family members who miss too many episodes of Mormonism Live on Wednesdays at 7PM are encouraged to be shunned.

How much longer is the ex-Mo community going to put up with this? We are just trading one trillion dollar cult for another.
Kishkumen
God

Re: John Dehlin and RFM are money grubbers

Post by Kishkumen »

:? :|
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Salvete
CTR A

Post by Salvete »

Florida has the only college circus training program in the US. I’d love to own a piece of that!
From the end spring new beginnings.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Salvete wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:43 am
Florida has the only college circus training program in the US. I’d love to own a piece of that!
They put on good shows too!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

I don't have a problem with the church's business model per se. It is like a club and dues are required to be part of the club. The problem lies in how it is applied and in the nonsense it teaches. It supposedly stands for certain principles like honesty and good citizenship, but really stands for making money. Money is required to push its message, but, money seems to have crowded out its purpose. A church shouldn't be competing with big real estate concerns or big farming concerns or the corporate world, unless the goal is to overturn the money changing tables in order to benefit the world at large.

Wake me when Dehlin and RFM get that big. $250k per year is no big deal. They deserve to be paid for their efforts like anyone in business.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Wake me when Dehlin and RFM get that big. $250k per year is no big deal. They deserve to be paid for their efforts like anyone in business.
Indeed. Well said.