President Kimball's journals, now available...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: President Kimball's journals, now available...

Post by MG 2.0 »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:57 am
IHAQ wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:09 pm
Why was Dr Franklin's skin colour noteworthy to President Kimball, but not President Gardner's?
President Kimball was used to seeing white guys.
This was more than likely the case with a whole lot of white guys in 1978.

It would be natural in that day to still see a differentiation by color and mention it. Even today now and then I will hear a white person refer to a person of African decent as a black person.

I’m curious as to why IHAQ even pointed this particular thing out. Because of some prejudice against prophets? I don’t know.

Regards,
MG
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:22 am
This was more than likely the case with a whole lot of white guys in 1978.

It would be natural in that day to still see a differentiation by color and mention it. Even today now and then I will hear a white person refer to a person of African decent as a black person.

I’m curious as to why IHAQ even pointed this particular thing out. Because of some prejudice against prophets? I don’t know.

Regards,
MG
Makes sense, the same as not pointing out that Dr. Gardner wrote articles for the John Birch Society because fellow apostles also wrote Birch articles.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Both Yoda and SWK had rough squeaky voices, tufts of white hair and urged people not to try, but to do. And more important, they both believed that masturbation leads to homosexuality.

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:51 am
Both Yoda and SWK had rough squeaky voices, tufts of white hair and urged people not to try, but to do. And more important, they both believed that masturbation leads to homosexuality.

similar heights, too.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:51 am

And... AND... they both had the priesthood, but only one knew how to use it.
Shulem
God

Don't touch thyself there

Post by Shulem »

Spencer wrote:Image

Dear Journal,

I've now gone a total of 90 days without touching myself in an inappropriate manner. The bishop told me that after I reach 100 days, I may reward myself with pie and ice cream.

Be ye clean that bear the vessels of the Lord
Shulem
God

Happy Anniversary!

Post by Shulem »

Dear Journal,

I've gone a whole year without touching myself inappropriately. I'm ready to serve the Lord faithfully and with clean hands.
Shulem
God

Blue, blue, my world is blue

Post by Shulem »

Dear Journal,

I am so grateful to no longer have blue....
Nimrod
Star B

Post by Nimrod »

I don't expect there'd be much of interest to me in those journals. I am roundly unimpressed with SWK. My mission president assigned me to read the Miracle of Foregiveness, which would be an appropriate text for a college class titled Sex Guilt 101.
Apologists try to shill an explanation to questioning members as though science and reason really explain and buttress their professed faith. It [sic] does not. By definition, faith is the antithesis of science and reason. Apologetics is a further deception by faith peddlers to keep power and influence.