Why Are Mormons More Asininely Stupid than Catholics?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

46% of Latter-day Saints believe the “Big Lie” while among Catholics only 35% believe the "Big Lie".
https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2021/05 ... nd-oh-say/
according to recent data from PRRI (Public Religion Research Institute) U.S. Latter-day Saints:
• Are more inclined than other religious followers — save for white evangelical Protestants — to believe the false narrative that the 2020 presidential election was stolen from Donald Trump. Yes, 46% of Latter-day Saints believe the “big lie,” behind only white evangelical Protestants (61%) and ahead of white mainline Protestants (37%) and white Catholics (35%).
Last edited by Nomomo on Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nomomo
Priest

Re: Why Are Mormons More Ridiculously Stupid than Catholics?

Post by Nomomo »

Since only total gawdamned ignorant frickin' morons believe that the election was stolen from Trump, that makes 46% (nearly half) of all Mormons freaking idiotic fools. What is it that makes Mos so much frickin' stupider than Catholics?
Moksha
God

Re: Why Are Mormons More Asininely Stupid than Catholics?

Post by Moksha »

Rupert Murdoch acknowledges the charge of a stolen election was a big lie.

As you know, Mormons just believe and will continue to believe until their Authorities tell them otherwise. I wish the Brethren would speak up and disabuse members of this falsehood. Letting them hold Trump as a messiah figure does not bode well for the LDS Church.

Despite this 46% Trumpian aberration, Mormons are just as smart as anyone else. The tendency toward extraordinary belief also makes them excellent foragers. Among Evangelicals, many of them also yearn for the return of the Confederacy. Among white Republicans, this number skyrockets and correlates with the number who have been beamed aboard an alien spacecraft and anally probed.

Hope that helps.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Lowrance
Star A

Post by Lowrance »

There is a mountain of evidence available that demonstrates Mormons to be some of the happiest individuals on the face of the planet. Just look at the title of this thread; it's quite obvious that this thread was started to counter my thread comparing anti-Mormon influencers to Joseph Smith. Now look, I understand that what I'm about to say isn't going to be popular here because I'm not going to be bashing Mormon or Mormonism, but let's actually take a moment and ask ourselves if just maybe this discussion board might be addicted to hating on Mormonism. I personally believe that.

The question that motivates this thread's title is, "Why are Mormons even more laughably ignorant than Catholics?" According to the findings of studies conducted on the subject of which group of people in the United States reports the highest levels of happiness, I would argue that neither Mormons nor catholics are foolish. Shouldn't one be able to take pleasure in life? If an individual finds joy in Mormonism or Catholicism, why are they considered to be stupid? Maybe people who practice religions like Mormonism and Catholicism are the intelligent ones, and you're the one who's wrong for thinking that religious people are dimwitted.

This is such a classic example of a Wokie talking point; if someone or some group has a positive attitude about Trump, then Wokies will automatically consider that person or group to be ignorant. Let's take a look at the mental processes that are driving this line of thinking. Anything that is considered a sin in Mormonism is said to be the result of the devil and those who follow in his footsteps. And in wokie world, the people at the top have made Trump into the "devil" and have convinced the wokies that anyone who agrees with him or the narrative he's selling is "stupid," and as a result, they can't be trusted no matter what. This is because the wokies believe that anyone who agrees with him is stupid. Both the Mormon devil narrative and the wokies trump story are being used to manipulate and control a large number of people; however, the wokies trump narrative is being implemented out of hatred, whereas the Mormon devil narrative is not. That is the key distinction; I am aware that you are unable to comprehend what it is that I am instructing you, but please don't worry about it because there is still a lot of time left.

Please give what I'm saying some thought, and think back to when you were a Mormon. When you saw someone having a cup of coffee or smoking a cigarette, did you immediately think of them as a sinner? Because you are still a mental slave to a group of men who are controlling what you think, you naturally think that anyone who embraces what Trump is saying is a "sinner," now that your new religion informs you that believing the Trump story is a sin. You may not be following the brethren of Mormonism, but the men you are following now are still prophets, and if you automatically assume everyone who agrees with Trump is "dumb," then you are one of their disciples.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I don’t think Mormons are any more or less intelligent than Catholics. The difference is that Catholicism has found a way, over centuries of time, to accommodate a greater variety of opinion and practice. Mormonism will get there one day if it survives long enough. You shouldn’t be too hard on them.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

I've found Mormons typically follow white Evangelical Protestants politically, but aren't near as large a voting block and aren't near as extreme. So that's a sign of hope for Mormons, I'd say. The big lie thing is just very silly. Why anyone thinks there's plenty to support it is beyond me.

White Evangelicals out do Mormons in number by about 15 to 1 (white Evangelical is at least 15% of the country, while Mormon would be closer to 1%) and the poll is showing 61% of that large group believe the big lie. The Mormon numbers show they'll be a little more balanced than most others in their political crew.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Lowrance wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:24 am
There is a mountain of evidence available that demonstrates Mormons to be some of the happiest individuals on the face of the planet.
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... story.html
Antidepressant drugs are prescribed in Utah more often than in any other state, at a rate nearly twice the national average.
What is it with conservatards and just saying stuff?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

There are no people at the top of anything convincing me of Trumps corruption. Well with the exception of Trump himself who does a good job of displaying himself.
Nimrod
Star B

Post by Nimrod »

Nomomo wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:18 am
46% of Latter-day Saints believe the “Big Lie” while among Catholics only 35% believe the "Big Lie".
https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2021/05 ... nd-oh-say/
according to recent data from PRRI (Public Religion Research Institute) U.S. Latter-day Saints:
• Are more inclined than other religious followers — save for white evangelical Protestants — to believe the false narrative that the 2020 presidential election was stolen from Donald Trump. Yes, 46% of Latter-day Saints believe the “big lie,” behind only white evangelical Protestants (61%) and ahead of white mainline Protestants (37%) and white Catholics (35%).
Rather than jump to the conclusion that the difference in those numbers is that Mormons are "more asininely stupid than Catholics", what are some other plausible explanations? Are Mormons more skeptical of the system than Catholics? Do Mormons tend to believe conspiracy theories more than Catholics? Is it due to where the highest concentrations of each are primarily located (Catholics in New Jersey and Massachusetts; Mormons in Utah, Idaho and Wyoming)?
Apologists try to shill an explanation to questioning members as though science and reason really explain and buttress their professed faith. It [sic] does not. By definition, faith is the antithesis of science and reason. Apologetics is a further deception by faith peddlers to keep power and influence.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Nimrod wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:53 pm
Is it due to where the highest concentrations of Mormons in Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming)?
Yes, heavy metals in Mormon drinking water must be factored in since it would explain much of their politics as well as repetitive hand signals.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace