Since 2015, Mexico Is Losing 50 Wards A Year

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Since 2015, Mexico Is Losing 50 Wards A Year

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Mexico was one of the countries the church could always count on to fuel much of the growth in the 1980's and 1990's.

From 2015 to 2019, Mexico lost 200 Wards, and 8 Stakes. This despite having 32 missions and 14 temples. And, since 2015 the average Ward size has gone up from 692 to 804 members, which shows the inactivity rate is very high.

I know the CES Letter has been translated in Spanish and is one of the top results if you search "Mormon Church" in Spanish Google, but 50 Wards a year?! Let's hope President Nelson can turn this Mexican Titanic around, and fast.

https://www.cumorah.com/countries/viewStats/Mexico
Last edited by Everybody Wang Chung on Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Since 2015, Mexico Is Losing 50 Wards A Year

Post by Philo Sofee »

Mormon Stories just aired a whistleblower Mexican Bishop who discussed the quite *serious* issues with the church lying like crazy and the people are just getting fed up with it all. I mean Mormonism is deception on steroids these days! First child sexual abuse through leaders in private, then the huge money, now the SEC law breaking, and now statistics lying and the church not getting the actual real picture in Salt Lake City. What next?!?
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:37 am
Mormon Stories just aired a whistleblower Mexican Bishop who discussed the quite *serious* issues with the church lying like crazy and the people are just getting fed up with it all. I mean Mormonism is deception on steroids these days! First child sexual abuse through leaders in private, then the huge money, now the SEC law breaking, and now statistics lying and the church not getting the actual real picture in Salt Lake City. What next?!?
If only the church had translated L. Tom Perry's manuscript into Spanish..........
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:40 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:37 am
If only the church had translated L. Tom Perry's manuscript into Spanish..........
Si Senor... :lol:
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Pack your bags, DCP! It's time for the Mexican Rescue.

If SeN were in Spanish, Mexico would probably be losing 100 Wards a year. Keep up the great work FAIR and the mopoligists!

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

I'm pretty sure that reading about the Church paying fines for hiding an eye watering amount of hoarded wealth is unlikely to play well with impoverished members in Mexico who are being exhorted (that's only one letter away from the truth if you think about it...) to hand over 10% of their annual income on the back of promises that doing so will end poverty. Well, it will. Just not theirs.

I reckon all, or maybe nearly all, Church incremental growth is coming from Africa. Once that hits the top of the bell curve there's very few virgin territories left to tap. Certainly nothing populous. The saturation point approaches.
Last edited by IHAQ on Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:48 am
Pack your bags, DCP! It's time for the Mexican Rescue.

If SeN were in Spanish, Mexico would probably be losing 100 Wards a year. Keep up the great work FAIR and the mopoligists!
Where's Perry's briefcase when you need it...
Fence Sitter
2nd Counselor

Post by Fence Sitter »

IHAQ wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:05 am
I reckon all, or maybe nearly all, Church incremental growth is coming from Africa. Once that hits the top of the bell curve there's very few virgin territories left to tap. Certainly nothing populous. The saturation point approaches.
I'd would be interested to know how many new African converts actually join being fully aware of the racism seeped throughout Church history, doctrine and scripture? How exposed to the internet are the new members?

My guess would be the highest conversions are coming in extremely poor undeveloped areas, just like South America, Central America and Mexico used to be. Also what is the retention rate? Very poor I am guessing.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

nd, since 2015 the average Ward size has gone up from 692 to 804 members, which shows the inactivity rate is very high.
That speaks the loudest to me in terms of membership growth and activity.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

IHAQ wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:05 am
I'm pretty sure that reading about the Church paying fines for hiding an eye watering amount of hoarded wealth is unlikely to play well with impoverished members in Mexico who are being exhorted (that's only one letter away from the truth if you think about it...) to hand over 10% of their annual income on the back of promises that doing so will end poverty. Well, it will. Just not theirs.

I suspect that the poor are least likely to ever hear about the SEC issue, and if they do are least likely to hear non-spun information.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!