Backyard Professor's Talk with World Renowned Dr. Randall Bell

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Backyard Professor's Talk with World Renowned Dr. Randall Bell

Post by Philo Sofee »

https://youtu.be/zpigXPNxhQM

I had the delightful opportunity to sit down to an exclusive talk with Dr. Randy Bell while we are Thrive in St. George, Utah this last weekend. We talk about the significant impact of the internet on Mormonism, and the psychological ploys it uses to suppress people and ruin their lives. This one of a kind interview with this magnificent man was one of the highlights of my entire 3 day weekend with RFM, Bill Reel and his awesome wife, John Dehlin, Randy Bell, Lila Tueller, Maven, Anthony Miller, Al and Katie of "Marriage on a Tightrope," and the hundreds... literally hundreds of people who came up to me thanking me for my efforts and how much they so enjoy what I am producing and helping them with their issues with leaders and scriptures and history. Some of my new found friends even convinced me to do Karaoke with them, which we did, and I shall post the video soon. It was so absolutely over the top fun, informative, and staggering to me how so many grateful people went out of their way to say thank you to me. This 20 minute video is one of my favorites already! And I share his excellent new book as well.
drumdude
God

Re: Backyard Professor's Talk with World Renowned Dr. Randall Bell

Post by drumdude »

All it takes is a camera to take on the Mormon leaders.

You may not change the current leaders, since they’re probably not YouTube users. But you can rest assured the next generation of LDS leaders will have watched John Dehlin, Mormonism Live, and Lindsay Hansen Park.

Keep up the great work.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

It was great seeing you, too, mi amigo!

though I’m starting to feel some Bell’s Envy over your doing no video with me.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

For those of you who remember the BYP videos at the old FAIR Conferences, you should treat yourself to seeing BYP at Thrive.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:03 pm
For those of you who remember the BYP videos at the old FAIR Conferences, you should treat yourself to seeing BYP at Thrive.
Cool! Yes, I remember those videos fondly.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

I still have a DVD the BYP sent me years ago, literally from the backyard.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

msnobody wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:59 pm
Oh just wow! Was that the Book of Abraham one?
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:49 am
msnobody wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:59 pm
I think it was the Book of Abraham one. I came across it just before Christmastime, along with a music CD by Richard Abanes and his wife, and a mixed music CD that a former DM participant sent to me.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

msnobody wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:55 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:49 am

I think it was the Book of Abraham one. I came across it just before Christmastime, along with a music CD by Richard Abanes and his wife, and a mixed music CD that a former DM participant sent to me.
I was in full apologist mode when Abanes was making his debut, so I never read anything he wrote to completion just enough to make it sound like he was contradicting himself or some such. I may have to revisit his materials someday soon.
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:30 pm
msnobody wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:55 am

I was in full apologist mode when Abanes was making his debut, so I never read anything he wrote to completion just enough to make it sound like he was contradicting himself or some such. I may have to revisit his materials someday soon.
Looks like he has had quite a career. Interestingly enough, he has a quote from Dieter Uchtdorf on his website.

https://richardabanes.com/