Shulem cracks the code for The Book of Lehi/116 Lost Pages!!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: Shulem cracks the code for The Book of Lehi/116 Lost Pages!!

Post by Shulem »

Salvete wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:24 am
Shulem wrote: I've studied the Book of Mormon for over 50 years and have come to my conclusions based on my own studies and by gleaning information from others as I felt appropriate to the cause.

“I do my own research”

🧙
Salvete wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:17 pm
I vote Philo, the boards own auteur, host this thing. I can envision a welcoming, healthy campfire (maybe virtual), and a couple of Shure SM7B mics. Ah, the ambiance.

And what might Philo have to say about Shulem? Has he cited me? Yes, he has:

here

here

here

here

here

here

here
Salvete
CTR A

Post by Salvete »

Okay, so what? An amateur cites an amateur.

Why should anyone take your ravings seriously if they haven’t gone through any kind of scholarly process?

Have you been published in any reputable journals?
Have you written any books?

Have you done anything to verify that you actually know what you’re talking about?
From the end spring new beginnings.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Salvete wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:31 am

Why should anyone take your ravings seriously if they haven’t gone through any kind of scholarly process?

Have you done anything to verify that you actually know what you’re talking about?

Like I said earlier, piss off, ugly. I don't need you and I don't want to answer your questions. YOU are trolling me.

You will not succeed in what you are attempting to accomplish. You think you are wiser and smarter than Shulem? Go jump in the lake, dude.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Salvete wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:00 am
Shulem wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:42 pm

I've not read Bradley's book which I assume is written from a faithful perspective in defending Joseph Smith's work. I have little interest in reading materials produced by those who are blinded by the craftiness of faithfulness or who seek to maintain the integrity of the Book of Mormon on grounds that it's historic and authentic.
So, plugging your ears and saying “la la la la” because you’ve already made up your mind, eh?

After further review and additional light and knowledge from my scholarly friend Zosimus up in the Celestial forum, I have purchased Bradley's book TODAY and it will arrive later this week, hopefully Thursday.

So tell me, Salvete, how many days did it take for Lehi to sail from Bountiful to the promised land? What is that number?
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Salvete wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:30 pm
Don Bradley already did this.

You’re basically nightlion for Egypt stuff.

Does anyone cite your writings anywhere else?
Wow! Nice insider reference.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Shulem,
Have you read Don’s 116 pages book? It’s insanely detailed and an impressive feat of reconstruction from textual clues.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Dr Moore wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:15 am
Shulem,
Have you read Don’s 116 pages book? It’s insanely detailed and an impressive feat of reconstruction from textual clues.

I ordered the book today and hope it is helpful in better understanding the mysteries of Joseph Smith.

Thanks for asking.

:)
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Salvete wrote:

You are trying to insinuate that Shulem is the equivalent of the Interpreter Foundation.

Shulem's thoughts are very insightful and he should be published in Dialogue or something similar.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:02 am
Shulem's thoughts are very insightful and he should be published in Dialogue or something similar.

Thank you for your kind endorsement, Moksha. And, I've added more in the Celestial thread while I await Bradley's book. Learn what really happened to mother Sariah and how her bastard son Nephi didn't give a rat's ass about her.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Salvete wrote:

I suppose a person could read what Shulem has to say and judge it on its own merit.