Backyard Professor's musings on The SEC Fine Against Mormonism and General Conference, April 2023

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Backyard Professor's musings on The SEC Fine Against Mormonism and General Conference, April 2023

Post by Philo Sofee »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uieo_kXWLyc

This truly could be the singular most important General Conference (April 2023) ever held as I muse and why that might be so. Come have a look at my 10 minute musings...
Moksha
God

Re: Backyard Professor's musings on The SEC Fine Against Mormonism and General Conference, April 2023

Post by Moksha »

Those are some good thoughts, Kerry. I wonder if the Church took that action because they've been getting away with undisclosed business deals for a long time, from the early Presidents lending themselves tithing monies to start businesses to pretending to divest themselves of their bank, TV, and radio stations, and even a chain of hospitals.

As Elder Bednar would say, "have the faith not to expect honesty".
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Backyard Professor's musings on The SEC Fine Against Mormonism and General Conference, April 2023

Post by Philo Sofee »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:25 pm
Those are some good thoughts, Kerry. I wonder if the Church took that action because they've been getting away with undisclosed business deals for a long time, from the early Presidents lending themselves tithing monies to start businesses to pretending to divest themselves of their bank, TV, and radio stations, and even a chain of hospitals.

As Elder Bednar would say, "have the faith not to expect honesty".
:lol: