“Book of Mormon Evidence” website suspended

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

“Book of Mormon Evidence” website suspended

Post by drumdude »

https://bookofmormonevidence.org/cgi-sy ... edpage.cgi

Bluehost, the provider which the page was hosted by, has apparently terminated their service:

“If you’re the owner of this website and have questions, reach out to Bluehost. We’re happy to help.”

The offending blog post seems to have been:
Government Goal is to Depopulate
“The natural beauty of this pristine area in Palestine Ohio, was once home to the Nephites and Native Americans, and our infiltrated US Government is ruining our society again. The agenda to depopulate the “eaters” and “goyim” [non-Jews ] is in full swing in these last days. In my opinion the increase and scope of these train wrecks, and the amazing amount of chemicals and gases released, has me very concerned. I believe most of these are not just coincidences but deliberate acts. Why? Because evil wants to take down our great country. Satan is the leader of this Deep State, Cabal. It’s time to wake up people of the world, and realize something evil is happening. The reaction of Biden, to not even visit Ohio and instead visit Ukraine to give the evil Nazi group more money is shameful. Not even FEMA will help out. It takes our current Commander in Chief, President Trump to show these good people of Ohio he cares. He visited them and gave these people new hope.”
Res Ipsa
God

Re: “Book of Mormon Evidence” website suspended

Post by Res Ipsa »

Do we know it wasn’t failure to pay a bill?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:09 am
That’s a possibility but it would be a coincidence that a well known anti-heartland apologist just put up a blog post about the website today with a link to the offending blog post.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Interesting.

One post did this?

Or was it the final straw?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:11 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:09 am
That’s a possibility but it would be a coincidence that a well known anti-heartland apologist just put up a blog post about the website today with a link to the offending blog post.
And Bluehost just happened to be so interested in the Heartland-Anti-Heartland debate that they read this post on a different website and followed the link?

Absent evidence, I’d go with coincidence.
he/him

drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:32 am
drumdude wrote:
And Bluehost just happened to be so interested in the Heartland-Anti-Heartland debate that they read this post on a different website and followed the link?

No.

I would imagine someone emailed them that anti-semitism was being hosted on their servers which likely violated the terms of service.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Res Ipsa wrote:
drumdude wrote:

DCP's friend wrote:The FIRM site/blog went back up last night, with a new web host, and with the most recent problematic blog posts (dated 2/9/23, 2/12/23, and 2/28/23) missing. So I suspect someone did complain to their old host about the content and they got suspended, not that they just forgot to pay a bill.
I suspect the person saying "someone" complained definitely knows who complained.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:07 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:

DCP's friend wrote:The FIRM site/blog went back up last night, with a new web host, and with the most recent problematic blog posts (dated 2/9/23, 2/12/23, and 2/28/23) missing. So I suspect someone did complain to their old host about the content and they got suspended, not that they just forgot to pay a bill.
I suspect the person saying "someone" complained definitely knows who complained.
The combination of new host plus absence of the anti-semetic blog posts is evidence enough for me. Thanks for the update.
he/him