BYP - BREAKING NEWS Within the Mormon Church

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

BYP - BREAKING NEWS Within the Mormon Church

Post by Philo Sofee »

https://youtu.be/09Ek49Lp4_Q

This just in! The pressure on leadership is mounting, and their response is classic chichenshit. A TOTAL media fast... :lol: :lol: :lol: This is my response. Come enjoy a 6 minute chuckle...
drumdude
God

Re: BYP - BREAKING NEWS Within the Mormon Church

Post by drumdude »

You hit the nail on the head in the first 15 seconds. This rabbit hole likely goes much deeper and will eventually come out.
Shulem
God

Mormon! Mormon!! Mormon!!!

Post by Shulem »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NBC wrote:Feds fine Mormon church for illicitly hiding $32 billion investment fund behind shell companies
CNN wrote:Mormon Church to pay fine to settle charges it hid an approximately $32 billion investment fund
CBS wrote:Mormon church fined for scheme to hide $32 billion investment portfolio
Shulem
God

Gordon Huckster Hinckley

Post by Shulem »

General Conference, President of the Church, October 1997

Latter-day Saints in Very Deed, By President Gordon B. Hinckley wrote:
I think I will leave the text that I prepared and just talk with you a little bit, and express my deep appreciation to you.

We need these conferences. We need them to remind us of our responsibilities and obligations. We must never forget that spirituality must be the dominant feature of the Church.

A recent magazine article praised us as a well-run financial institution of great wealth. It grossly exaggerated the figures.

The money the Church receives from faithful members is consecrated. It is the Lord’s purse. Our Church facilities are money consuming and not money producing. We are not a financial institution. We are The Church of Jesus Christ. The funds for which we are responsible involve a sacred trust to be handled with absolute honesty and integrity, and with great prudence as the dedicated consecrations of the people.

We feel a tremendous responsibility to you who make these contributions. We feel an even greater responsibility to the Lord whose money this is.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

I dunno professor. Maybe this bishop is trying to keep people from seeing this devastating media coverage. Is there any evidence this weeklong media fast extends beyond one ward? Surely we would all agree there is a spectrum of conservatism to liberalism among bishops.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Moore wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:38 pm
I dunno professor. Maybe this bishop is trying to keep people from seeing this devastating media coverage. Is there any evidence this weeklong media fast extends beyond one ward? Surely we would all agree there is a spectrum of conservatism to liberalism among bishops.
Yes indeed. We now know however that at least one ward is doing the tap dancing, and I am sure that bishop is asking for help from the Stake President.... have no idea where it stops. I think we will hear more and more through time.