SeN Compares Attractive Young Women To Savory Pieces Of Meat On The Grill

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

SeN Compares Attractive Young Women To Savory Pieces Of Meat On The Grill

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Folks, you can't make this stuff up.

Over at a Mormon themed blog, the proprietor recounts a bizarre story from his mission. While waiting in line, a missionary looked at an attractive young lady and was chastised for doing so. The proprietor then goes on to compare looking at attractive young women to "reading menus during a fast" and to "lingering around restaurants to take in the savory aromas from the grill."
As we stood in line waiting to enter, several very attractive young women walked by. One of the new missionaries turned around and stared, with obvious and lingering interest. Another missionary good naturedly chided him. “Eyes right, elder!” The embarrassed elder responded with a witty comeback that I have often thought about in the years since. “I may be fasting,” he said, “but I can still look at the menu!” And he was precisely right. There is no law against reading menus during a fast. But how stupid it is to do so! How much more difficult it makes fasting! If you’ve decided to fast, you probably shouldn’t lingering around restaurants to take in the savory aromas from the grill.
Could the proprietor say anything more sexist, inappropriate or creepy? Misogyny and mopology go hand in hand.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Re: SeN Compares Attractive Young Women To Savory Pieces Of Meat On The Grill

Post by drumdude »

That's such a perfectly gross quintessentially Mormon object lesson. Add it to the list with the licked cupcake.
Salvete
CTR A

Post by Salvete »

Wang Chung

From the end spring new beginnings.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Salvete, welcome back:

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014