SeN Feasts On Hypocrisy And Beef Pizza

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: SeN Feasts On Hypocrisy And Beef Pizza

Post by drumdude »

Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:08 pm
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:57 pm
No: the idea that Peter Pan = Smoot is based primarily on the "coincidence" that both he and Smoot have a virtually identical writing style, *and* they are obsessed with trashing the Heartlanders, *and* they both have an unhealthy view of DCP as a role model, *and*, yes, they both used the same Canadian web service. So, it's more like saying that he's Smoot because he and Pan "both drive the same make of automobile," *and* they listen to the same music, *and* their license plate is exactly the same, *and* they sport the same dorky, bug-eyed demeanor.
If Richard Nygren is fake, then this would be the absolute worst thing, or one of the worst things, the Mopologists have ever done. I am not buying it. I cannot believe that white Mopologists would impersonate an African American Latter-day Saint. That is incomprehensible to me.

I wouldn’t put it past Smoot. Its obvious he was raised on internet trolling in the 4chan era.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:27 am
Over at a predominantly Mormon-themed blog, the proprietor attacks FIRM for making the following alleged anti-Semitic post:
FIRM wrote:If people tell me what I say is anti semitic you have no clue what I am saying and I will not allow you to post. I love the Tribe of Judah and the Hebrews and I always have. Some people call themselves Jews and have hijacked the Hebrew or Christ’s lineage by faing to be His people. “I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan” Rev 2:9 alsoRev 3:9 and John 8:31-59. Christ himself calls the “jews” (people pretending to be from the Tribe of Judah) that crucified him are from the synagogue of Satan. The Tribe of Judah who was the son of Israel did not kill our Savior. Evil Khazarians who claim to be of the tribe of Judah did. Get it correct but don’t tell me what I think please.
Keep in mind the proprietor of this Mormon-themed blog was recently criticized by the Jerusalem Post for cozying up to and working with a well-known anti-Semite (Jafar Mahallati) who has been implicated in covering up the murder and torture of thousands.

If that's not enough, let's take a look at just a few of the many proprietor's own quotes about Jewish people:
I'm not sure why some Jews appear to be offended by Mormon temple service on behalf of Jews. Jews have precious few friends around the world. They should not be seeking to alienate Mormons, who are deeply philosemitic.
And [baptism] goes for everybody who has ever lived. So in a sense we're not theologically free to say to anyone, including Jews, that we just won't do this, and in our viewpoint, in fact, at the end of time, people would say thank you for this.
I would respond that we Latter‑day Saints do, quite unapologetically, insist that Jews 'are not worthy enough to receive God's eternal blessing on their own.'
I hope that Jews, of all people, will be very careful not to entertain the kind of religious hatred and bigotry that some will undoubtedly attempt to inflame over this issue.
The proprietor's own anti-Semitism would even make Hitler blush.
Maybe I am confused by not knowing what FIRM is and maybe a bit confuused about the source of the quote related to that source. The related quote is to my ears disturbingly hard core antisemitism and makes the comments by Peterson sound Jewish friendly. Now I think Peterson is really failing to understand why Jewish people are genuinely offended by LDS proxy baptisms of Jews. There is enough good reason for Jewish feelings about that that I think it is clear LDS should respect the Jewish wish and not fudge around about it. Peterson's comments sound like a person failing to look outside of his personal immediate feelings.

That is not a good look for him but I cannot see it even remotely in the same territory as Hitler's view and not remotely outdoing Hitler.
master_dc
Star B

Post by master_dc »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
drumdude wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:46 am

In Peter Pan’s mind, this question is plaguing the minds of the “obsession board” night and day.

The sad reality is his blog is even more obscure than SeN. It might get some actual attention if he stood behind it with his name. I guess the heartlanders have more guts than the mezoamericans.
No: the idea that Peter Pan = Smoot is based primarily on the "coincidence" that both he and Smoot have a virtually identical writing style, *and* they are obsessed with trashing the Heartlanders, *and* they both have an unhealthy view of DCP as a role model, *and*, yes, they both used the same Canadian web service. So, it's more like saying that he's Smoot because he and Pan "both drive the same make of automobile," *and* they listen to the same music, *and* their license plate is exactly the same, *and* they sport the same dorky, bug-eyed demeanor.
Just to clarify regarding the Canadian web service, the one in question is affiliated with registering your domain via Google. So anyone who does not wan their ownership information published an registers their domain via google will; pop with that same we service in Canada.
Salvete
CTR A

Post by Salvete »

master_dc wrote:I mean, DCP cares. He is the only reason most of us have ever heard of that site. Watching the heartlanders and DCPs crew battle it out is a the equivalent of watching Trekies debate wannabe Jedis. Entertaining at times, but glad I don't care enough to get involved.
I guess. I just don’t know if one sect is better than the other. They both lose, in my opinion.
From the end spring new beginnings.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

master_dc wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:55 pm
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Just to clarify regarding the Canadian web service, the one in question is affiliated with registering your domain via Google. So anyone who does not wan their ownership information published an registers their domain via google will; pop with that same we service in Canada.
I was wondering how significant that commonality was. Thanks for the additional information.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Salvete wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:20 pm
master_dc wrote:I mean, DCP cares. He is the only reason most of us have ever heard of that site. Watching the heartlanders and DCPs crew battle it out is a the equivalent of watching Trekies debate wannabe Jedis. Entertaining at times, but glad I don't care enough to get involved.
I guess. I just don’t know if one sect is better than the other. They both lose, in my opinion.
Umm, yeah. That was his entire point.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024