SeN Feasts On Hypocrisy And Beef Pizza

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

SeN Feasts On Hypocrisy And Beef Pizza

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Over at a predominantly Mormon-themed blog, the proprietor attacks FIRM for making the following alleged anti-Semitic post:
FIRM wrote:If people tell me what I say is anti semitic you have no clue what I am saying and I will not allow you to post. I love the Tribe of Judah and the Hebrews and I always have. Some people call themselves Jews and have hijacked the Hebrew or Christ’s lineage by faing to be His people. “I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan” Rev 2:9 alsoRev 3:9 and John 8:31-59. Christ himself calls the “jews” (people pretending to be from the Tribe of Judah) that crucified him are from the synagogue of Satan. The Tribe of Judah who was the son of Israel did not kill our Savior. Evil Khazarians who claim to be of the tribe of Judah did. Get it correct but don’t tell me what I think please.
Keep in mind the proprietor of this Mormon-themed blog was recently criticized by the Jerusalem Post for cozying up to and working with a well-known anti-Semite (Jafar Mahallati) who has been implicated in covering up the murder and torture of thousands.

If that's not enough, let's take a look at just a few of the many proprietor's own quotes about Jewish people:
I'm not sure why some Jews appear to be offended by Mormon temple service on behalf of Jews. Jews have precious few friends around the world. They should not be seeking to alienate Mormons, who are deeply philosemitic.
And [baptism] goes for everybody who has ever lived. So in a sense we're not theologically free to say to anyone, including Jews, that we just won't do this, and in our viewpoint, in fact, at the end of time, people would say thank you for this.
I would respond that we Latter‑day Saints do, quite unapologetically, insist that Jews 'are not worthy enough to receive God's eternal blessing on their own.'
I hope that Jews, of all people, will be very careful not to entertain the kind of religious hatred and bigotry that some will undoubtedly attempt to inflame over this issue.

The proprietor's own anti-Semitism would even make Hitler blush.
Last edited by Everybody Wang Chung on Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Re: SeN Feasts On Hypocrisy And Beef Pizza

Post by drumdude »

DCP wrote:I'm not sure why some Jews appear to be offended by Mormon temple service on behalf of Jews. Jews have precious few friends around the world. They should not be seeking to alienate Mormons, who are deeply philosemitic.
This one in particular is just so awful. "Don't be upset at us, you don't have many friends you know."

That must be why DCP is so well known for being such a kind man.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Speaking of hypocrisy, the anonymous Peter Pan steps by to dox an anonymous critic in the comments section:
DCP wrote:Peter Pan:. ""TwoCumorahFraud" is Stephen Reed, a Heartlander who is possessed with the spirit of contention. He regularly leaves mocking and derogatory comments on my blog, and I regularly ignore them. He desperately needs therapy but just doesn't realize it.

https://www.nevillenevillel..."

Thanks. That's very helpful to know.
Salvete
CTR A

Post by Salvete »

Wang Ching:

From the end spring new beginnings.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:31 am
This one in particular is just so awful. "Don't be upset at us, you don't have many friends you know."

That must be why DCP is so well known for being such a kind man.
That's a pretty disgusting quote. Unfortunately, it's just the tip of the iceberg with the proprietor.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

wow, but Peter Pan doesn't have the spirit of contention? lol.

SeN is the very definition of "the spirit of contention" -- wouldn't you agree, Salvete?
Salvete
CTR A

Post by Salvete »

Wing Chung again

Salvete
CTR A

Post by Salvete »

Gadianton wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:17 am

SeN is the very definition of "the spirit of contention" -- wouldn't you agree, Salvete?
Naw, it’s just some rando’s blog. Who cares? Ignore it, I do.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Salvete wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:22 am
Gadianton wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:17 am

Naw, it’s just some rando’s blog. Who cares? Ignore it, I do.
How’s Courtney doing these days?
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Why is Sledge such a homer for Dowsin’ Dan?
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.