Richard Nygren, “one of the only African-American apologists,” Comes to DCP’s Aid

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Re: Richard Nygren, “one of the only African-American apologists,” Comes to DCP’s Aid

Post by Doctor Scratch »

DCP writes:
CS: ""Peter Pan" is Steven Smoot, who runs the blog nevillevevilleland.com."

That identification is, of course, accepted fact over at CS's online home, the Peterson Obsession Board. It rests on no actual evidence, though, and has the additional drawback of being (to my certain personal knowledge) false.
So, is he lying? Is this one of those cases where he’s saying this on the basis of a minor spelling error (“Steven” vs “Stephen”)? Unless he says that he has a long-time Black friend named Nygren, then one or more of the Mopologists is lying.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
master_dc
Star B

Re: Richard Nygren, “one of the only African-American apologists,” Comes to DCP’s Aid

Post by master_dc »

Here is a Richard Nygren in Arkansas:

https://www.truepeoplesearch.com/find/p ... 4r06rl6246

Alabama <-> Arkansas ... almost the same, right?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Ok. I’m officially calling out Boylan, Smoot, and DCP. They’re 100% lying about a black LDS man from Alabama named Richard Nygren. It’s time to put up some evidence this man exists, or they’re outing themselves as white men who think it’s funny to invent a black man’s identity in order to hide the identity or identities of the people behind the NNL blog.

Despicable.

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

master_dc wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:02 pm

No. There are ~20 Richard Nygrens across America, but none of them are a black LDS male who resides in AL.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

CS: "Stephen, “The lady doth protest too much, methinks.” Seriously, I could care less that you are hiding behind your nevilleneilleland blog. Whatever floats your boat."

If, as seems to be the case, lies and falsehoods are what float your boat, CS, you've found a fitting home over at the Peterson Obsession Board -- and you're unwelcome here.

Incidentally, the proper idiom is "I couldn't care less."
DCP banned this poster for his comments about Peter Pan. Apparently it's not acceptable to push back on the claim it's not Smoot, and not acceptable to state you don't care even if it's not.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:17 pm
CS: "Stephen, “The lady doth protest too much, methinks.” Seriously, I could care less that you are hiding behind your nevilleneilleland blog. Whatever floats your boat."

If, as seems to be the case, lies and falsehoods are what float your boat, CS, you've found a fitting home over at the Peterson Obsession Board -- and you're unwelcome here.

Incidentally, the proper idiom is "I couldn't care less."
DCP banned this poster for his comments about Peter Pan. Apparently it's not acceptable to push back on the claim it's not Smoot, and not acceptable to state you don't care even if it's not.
in my opinion, using the phrase "I could care less" is worthy of being a bannable offense. ;)
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
master_dc
Star B

Post by master_dc »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:08 pm
master_dc wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:02 pm

No. There are ~20 Richard Nygrens across America, but none of them are a black LDS male who resides in AL.

- Doc
I am not familiar with family search, but if Richard Nygren is a real person, should he show up in there?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:09 pm
drumdude wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:17 pm

in my opinion, using the phrase "I could care less" is worthy of being a bannable offense. ;)
LOL. It's as commonplace as "I'm doing good" and "a whole nother." Of course DCP is the type to point it out. We all knew a kid like that in school.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Richard Nygren just showed up in the comment section. How convenient.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:22 pm
Richard Nygren just showed up in the comment section. How convenient.
Where?