Richard Nygren, “one of the only African-American apologists,” Comes to DCP’s Aid

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Richard Nygren, “one of the only African-American apologists,” Comes to DCP’s Aid

Post by Res Ipsa »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:17 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:09 pm
in my opinion, using the phrase "I could care less" is worthy of being a bannable offense. ;)
LOL. It's as commonplace as "I'm doing good" and "a whole nother." Of course DCP is the type to point it out. We all knew a kid like that in school.
I know, but this fall I get my curmudgeon license and I have to practice for the written test. :lol:
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Re: Richard Nygren, “one of the only African-American apologists,” Comes to DCP’s Aid

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:25 pm
Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:22 pm
Richard Nygren just showed up in the comment section. How convenient.
Where?
"Richard Nygren's" 2 comments have been deleted by SeN.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:31 pm
drumdude wrote:
Where?
How convenient!
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

DCP also deleted all of Chubby Steve's comments.

Seems they struck a nerve.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Even Richard Nygren got banned? This is draconian next-level crap.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

I hereby declare that the Richard Nygren Scandal is now at the same level of wtf’uckery as The Second Watson Letter.

This is a level of bananas I didn’t think even they could achieve - racism, lying, cover ups :shock:

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Both Robert Boylan and Stephen Smoot have said that Nygren is the person behind “Neville-Neville Land,” and Smoot said this in the Comments section of “Sic et Non.” So why is Dr. Peterson deleting comments? What’s he trying to hide? Maybe it’s better to deal with this now, rather than waiting for it to blow up, such that his film distributor won’t touch him with a fifty-foot pole? Does Purdy Distribution want to be associated with this sort of racist dishonesty? And bear in mind, this was all being done in the service of attacking other Latter-day Saints!
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

One will note Peter Pan has made their Disqus comments private. What’s to hide?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:31 pm
drumdude wrote:
Where?
Hmm. It's almost as if SeN knew there was really no such person, so anyone using that name must be a fake. Gee whillikers, mopologetics is so interesting!