Richard Nygren, “one of the only African-American apologists,” Comes to DCP’s Aid

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: Richard Nygren, “one of the only African-American apologists,” Comes to DCP’s Aid

Post by drumdude »

DCP wrote:Mary Ward: "This kind of behavior is so ridiculous that it is hard to take seriously. I have to think that it is some sort of twisted entertainment for them, some sort of elaborate play-acting. "

I suspect that, for at least some of them, that's exactly what it is. Some of them are too intelligent, I think, to really believe the nonsense that they've peddled consistently now for years and years. They use their cleverness for elaborate schemes of character assassination. Honestly, it's one of the weirdest things I've seen in my entire life.

Mary Ward: "I know an attorney who spends his day going around poking people and pushing buttons. His day really isn't going right until he's managed to get a rise out of someone he's pushed into an outburst. The problem is that he's harmed some of his own clients because he puts his own need for attention (or whatever it is) ahead of his client's interests. He can never get settlements agreements or practical concessions from others attorneys because no one can work with him. "

It's amazing, but such people do exist.

Mary Ward: "The Obsession Board people must have very sorry personal lives."

I've wondered about that -- at least in some of the cases. Could they actually be like this in real life? Horrible thought.

Some are probably more or less decent folks offline, but their seemingly untroubled participation in such a place with such an ethos makes me wonder about what clearly seems to me their seriously disordered moral compass.
Pot. Kettle.
Dr Exiled
God

Re: Richard Nygren, “one of the only African-American apologists,” Comes to DCP’s Aid

Post by Dr Exiled »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:30 am
DCP wrote:Mary Ward: "This kind of behavior is so ridiculous that it is hard to take seriously. I have to think that it is some sort of twisted entertainment for them, some sort of elaborate play-acting. "

I suspect that, for at least some of them, that's exactly what it is. Some of them are too intelligent, I think, to really believe the nonsense that they've peddled consistently now for years and years. They use their cleverness for elaborate schemes of character assassination. Honestly, it's one of the weirdest things I've seen in my entire life.

Mary Ward: "I know an attorney who spends his day going around poking people and pushing buttons. His day really isn't going right until he's managed to get a rise out of someone he's pushed into an outburst. The problem is that he's harmed some of his own clients because he puts his own need for attention (or whatever it is) ahead of his client's interests. He can never get settlements agreements or practical concessions from others attorneys because no one can work with him. "

It's amazing, but such people do exist.

Mary Ward: "The Obsession Board people must have very sorry personal lives."

I've wondered about that -- at least in some of the cases. Could they actually be like this in real life? Horrible thought.

Some are probably more or less decent folks offline, but their seemingly untroubled participation in such a place with such an ethos makes me wonder about what clearly seems to me their seriously disordered moral compass.
Pot. Kettle.
Yup, these people don't realize the projection they're doing, or perhaps they do to make a point?
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

DCP wrote:Some are probably more or less decent folks offline, but their seemingly untroubled participation in such a place with such an ethos makes me wonder about what clearly seems to me their seriously disordered moral compass.
Absolutely astounding. "Seemingly untroubled participation" in a place where anyone is welcome to participate without being banned. MG 2.0 must be very sad to learn that his "moral compass" is viewed as "seriously disordered" by DCP.

Wait, it was DCP that wrote that?
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:03 pm
DCP wrote:Some are probably more or less decent folks offline, but their seemingly untroubled participation in such a place with such an ethos makes me wonder about what clearly seems to me their seriously disordered moral compass.
Absolutely astounding. "Seemingly untroubled participation" in a place where anyone is welcome to participate without being banned. MG 2.0 must be very sad to learn that his "moral compass" is viewed as "seriously disordered" by DCP.

Wait, it was DCP that wrote that?
Yes, DCP wrote that.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Speaking of moral compasses, has Mike Parker, the Hurricane West Stake Adult Religion Class teacher explained himself, yet? And has Kiwi, the anonymous coward, excoriated Mike Parker, the Hurricane West Stake Adult Religion Class teacher for being an anonymous coward?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:30 am
DCP wrote:...Some of them are too intelligent, I think, to really believe the nonsense that they've peddled consistently now for years and years. They use their cleverness for elaborate schemes of character assassination. Honestly, it's one of the weirdest things I've seen in my entire life....
Would this include the "scheme" of documenting Peterson's dozens upon dozens of plagiarized writings that he has published on the internet? i would argue Peterson has gone to considerable effort to assassinate his own character for decades now, with acts of plagiarism that would have ended any byu student's college or graduate school career. byu professors are supposed to follow the honor code as well, but we have seen repeatedly from peterson that that is a ....let's call it... 'fluid' requirement. Maybe it's similar to how the lds church views SEC compliance. Honesty and integrity seem to be defined differently, like tapirs and horses.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I'm not worried about DCP's spin. The truth lies bare here on the board for anyone to examine. We're all very good about quoting and providing sources. DCP is not.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:35 am
Would this include the "scheme" of documenting Peterson's dozens upon dozens of plagiarized writings that he has published on the internet? i would argue Peterson has gone to considerable effort to assassinate his own character for decades now, with acts of plagiarism that would have ended any byu student's college or graduate school career. byu professors are supposed to follow the honor code as well, but we have seen repeatedly from peterson that that is a ....let's call it... 'fluid' requirement. Maybe it's similar to how the lds church views SEC compliance. Honesty and integrity seem to be defined differently, like tapirs and horses.
I completely agree that the Mopologists tarnish their own reputations by their actions. If anything, this board is pressed into service as a bogus prop for them to try to cobble together the impression that they are serious persons with unreasonable enemies. This fantasy is almost entirely dependent on the ignorance of many of their unsuspecting readers, who would never dream of actually coming here to read the criticisms of DCP, Midgley, and others, for themselves.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I have it on good authority Rian Nelson and Jonathan Neville are now aware of Mike Parker’s deception along with DCP’s enabling.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:03 am
I have it on good authority Rian Nelson and Jonathan Neville are now aware of Mike Parker’s deception along with DCP’s enabling.

- Doc
Interesting. I wonder what they will do with this information.