DCP and Shades

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

DCP and Shades

Post by drumdude »

Dr. Shades
Hang on. . . I've never heard of either group claiming there were two sets of plates. What, and why, would anyone believe there were two sets of golden plates?

DanielPeterson
Ask Mr. Neville.

Louis Midgley
There are a huge number of things about which Ms. Shades has not heard, or has garbled.

Dr. Shades
"Ms.?" Is it an insult to be a woman?

Louis Midgley
How can it be an insult to be a woman? The problem is being a notorious fake doctor.

Dr. Shades
You've met me face-to-face on two occasions. Did you think I was a woman?

Louis Midgley
Your icon or avatar more than hints that you are a woman. But there is much that is odd about you. So you tell me exactly when and where we met "face-to-face on two occasions," and I will try to give you an answer.

Dr. Shades
One time was at the 2011 FAIR conference in the Sandy Expo Center. I shook your hand in the "foyer" when D.C.P. introduced us. The other time was when we both attended a speech/talk by Dr. Peterson at the Olivewood Bookstore in the Riverbottoms area of Provo.

Louis Midgley
...and you were asked by Richard Anderson where you were a student or taught, and you eventually had to explain that you were not a student, nor did you teach in a college or university, but had other what I consider worthy employment, but not such that fitted you for academic endeavors. I do recall that meeting. I might scratch around and see if I can come up with a name. But I will probably leave this matter where it is, and especially if the Shady One calls off the really juvenile fake doctors and professors stuff. I am not suggesting that he needs to guard the inmates of his own disgusting board.

Dr. Shades
So you DO remember meeting me, and that I'm male.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... qus_thread

I find it hard to believe DCP introduced Shades to the Midge. Was Shades a former friend of DCP, and the falling out precipitated this feud between SeN and the board? Or does DCP not know the identity of Shades?
Kishkumen
God

Re: DCP and Shades

Post by Kishkumen »

Lou's mind seems to be mixed with a fair measure of excrement. FOX-News-style garbage litters his posts and his mind.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:39 pm
I find it hard to believe DCP introduced Shades to the Midge. Was Shades a former friend of DCP, and the falling out precipitated this feud between SeN and the board? Or does DCP not know the identity of Shades?
Shades has been running this board in one form or another for a very long time, and he participated on ZLMB before that. This is where all of the critics and apologists used to mix it up before the apologists picked up all of their toys and went off to their own "safe space." Shades has met DCP, and I believe Midgley, in real life.

DCP used to post at the older version of this board, and you can see many of his posts in the Archive section here. DCP left because he was tired of being on the receiving end of a lot of unpleasant posts, and he wanted a place where he had greater control over the content. This divorce is marked by the usual resentment and usual sniping in both directions.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:39 pm
Dr. Shades
Hang on. . . I've never heard of either group claiming there were two sets of plates. What, and why, would anyone believe there were two sets of golden plates?

DanielPeterson
Ask Mr. Neville.

Louis Midgley
There are a huge number of things about which Ms. Shades has not heard, or has garbled.

Dr. Shades
"Ms.?" Is it an insult to be a woman?

Louis Midgley
How can it be an insult to be a woman? The problem is being a notorious fake doctor.

Dr. Shades
You've met me face-to-face on two occasions. Did you think I was a woman?

Louis Midgley
Your icon or avatar more than hints that you are a woman. But there is much that is odd about you. So you tell me exactly when and where we met "face-to-face on two occasions," and I will try to give you an answer.

Dr. Shades
One time was at the 2011 FAIR conference in the Sandy Expo Center. I shook your hand in the "foyer" when D.C.P. introduced us. The other time was when we both attended a speech/talk by Dr. Peterson at the Olivewood Bookstore in the Riverbottoms area of Provo.

Louis Midgley
...and you were asked by Richard Anderson where you were a student or taught, and you eventually had to explain that you were not a student, nor did you teach in a college or university, but had other what I consider worthy employment, but not such that fitted you for academic endeavors. I do recall that meeting. I might scratch around and see if I can come up with a name. But I will probably leave this matter where it is, and especially if the Shady One calls off the really juvenile fake doctors and professors stuff. I am not suggesting that he needs to guard the inmates of his own disgusting board.

Dr. Shades
So you DO remember meeting me, and that I'm male.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... qus_thread

I clicked on your link. Those comments from Midgley about keeping a file on Dr. Shades are priceless.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

He really is a great sidekick to DCP.

by the way DCP claims at this date to not know the identity of Peter Pan. When the truth comes out that little factoid may be of use.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Louis despises women, especially those who think and are vocal with their ideas. Source: Ask anyone in his home ward.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr Moore wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:10 pm
Louis despises women, especially those who think and are vocal with their ideas. Source: Ask anyone in his home ward.
Not at all surprising really. His hatred for Gina is pretty obvious.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Dr Moore wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:10 pm
agreed.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:32 pm
He really is a great sidekick to DCP.

by the way DCP claims at this date to not know the identity of Peter Pan. When the truth comes out that little factoid may be of use.
Yes, but he said on several occasions he “suspect[ed]” that it’s someone he knows. So it’s somebody he knows well enough to make this sort of guess on the basis of the writing and context alone.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:30 pm
I clicked on your link. Those comments from Midgley about keeping a file on Dr. Shades are priceless.
I think Midgley was correct about Shades and the fake doctor thing since obviously, Shades had skipped out on all the required coursework at Brown, supposedly because he experienced both origami folding and the formal tea ceremony in Japan both items that the powers that be treasured. Besides, being with that peculiar people from Utah was a novelty.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace