“Peter Pan” is Unmasked as Mike Parker

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: “Peter Pan” is Unmasked as Mike Parker

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:41 pm
Speaking of ringing hollow:

https://www.nevillenevilleland.com/2023 ... ville.html

Mike Parker, a.k.a. Peter Pan, refuses to meet Neville for lunch due to some dumb notions of fealty to DCP and Co. He comes off as fearful.

- Doc
Yeah the quirky psychological baggage apologists carry is just bizarre. Oh? You think differently about the Book of Mormon, well NO COOKIES FOR YOU SNOTFACE!!!!! It is positively one of the craziest things I have ever witnessed.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

I was doing some reading about the podcaster, Robert Boylan, who broadcasted the ostensible Nygren-NevillenevilleLand connection, and ran across this ad for a 2020 FairMormon podcast:

Dear god. I will admit, seeing this shook me considerably. This is the apologetic arm of the lds church, right?
WTF.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Clearly FAKE NEWS: BY would have used a Bowie knife to intimidate his critics.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Soooooo, was it progressive of Mormon leaders to dump Brigham's "false doctrine" of Adam-God? Conservatives would have towed the line and followed the prophet right?! These apologists......so ridiculous with their logic.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Well, Brigham Young sucks, so what do I care about them making him (and themselves) look like an even bigger ass?
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:18 pm
Well, Brigham Young sucks, so what do I care about them making him (and themselves) look like an even bigger ass?
OPES! Speaking evil of the Lord's anointed! BRETHREN!!!! I have him right here! That GUY! Right there, the handsome and smart one, he's ridiculing our Brother Brigham. Git im boys.....GIT IM!!!!!!! Danites assemble in righteousness and do your duty!!!!!! Never shall evil prevail, no not in all of Israel!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

Mike Parker, a.k.a. Peter Pan, refuses to meet Neville for lunch due to some dumb notions of fealty to DCP and Co. He comes off as fearful.

- Doc
Seriously. This is getting ridiculous.

So, I invented a game. It's called:

"did Parker say this about Neville, or did Neville say this about Parker?"

I'll start.
"By characterizing others’ beliefs in the worst light possible—something he does regularly—he can dismiss anyone who disagrees with him as being unfaithful and motivated by prestige, status, or money. This is not an honest or considerate way to approach any debate or discussion."
Ouch. That's not nice!! So...Parker? Or Neville?
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Marcus wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:29 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc

I'll start.
"By characterizing others’ beliefs in the worst light possible—something he does regularly—he can dismiss anyone who disagrees with him as being unfaithful and motivated by prestige, status, or money. This is not an honest or considerate way to approach any debate or discussion."
Peterson er, Midgley er....Kiwi51 er, oh dang.......was it Russell? Come on tell me it was Russell I wanna get this one right!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:32 pm
Marcus wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:29 pm

I'll start.

Peterson er, Midgley er....Kiwi51 er, oh dang.......was it Russell? Come on tell me it was Russell I wanna get this one right!
Excellent try! No, it was "I have my differences with Jonathan Neville, but I have never called him names" Parker!

Midgley was an excellent guess though, recently I saw a comment of his where he said something like "whatever those (non-lds, of course) guys had, it suddenly got really floppy." :roll: I'll try to find a reference for it. Clearly he's been giving Bukake Smoot lessons.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Speaking of ringing hollow, in his hate blog entry dated March 30th Mike Parker, a.k.a. Peter Pan, calls Neville “A tool in the hands of our enemies.” He clearly implies that Kerry Shirts is his enemy in this blog post, and assigns to Philo the sentiment that Neville is “a chump” and he uses the Heartlanders to “make the Church look bad” because the Heartlander model is apparently more ridiculous than he MC2/SITH models. He wraps up his spiteful hit piece this insincere and hollow well-wish: “Hi, Kerry; it’s been a long time. I’m sorry you’re no longer a believer in the restored gospel of Christ, but I hope you’re happy and fulfilled.”

Weird how these guys can act like total assholes, and then state some sort of saccharine insincere nicety. :roll:

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.