“Peter Pan” is Unmasked as Mike Parker

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: “Peter Pan” is Unmasked as Mike Parker

Post by drumdude »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:26 am
Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:53 pm
Maybe the More Crap Foundation is behind all this.
Could you imagine if it was revealed the More Good Foundation or the Interpreter Foundation were funding nevillenevilleland or dearjohndehlinwordpress? Think of the legal exposure.

I assumed that the Interpreter Foundation was paying for nevillenevilleland based on how hard SeN was promoting it. I don't think Mike Parker was doing all that work for free. It's probably the same for dearjohndehlinwordpress.

Scientology and Mormonism have more in common than I thought.
It’s all “fair game.” I’m pretty sure DCP has used those exact words.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Mike Parker has posted a new entry:
And, once again, this is not about “a momentary Facebook post.” It’s about a lengthy paper trail of repugnant antisemitic statements. Neville is proving he either can’t read, can’t count, or is just making up a false narrative to help his friend, knowing most of his readers won’t bother to read Daniel Peterson’s post for themselves but will just take Neville’s word for it.
Oh my. Talk about “a lengthy paper trail” of “repugnant” “false narratives.”
—Peter Pan

Afterword: Imagine for a moment that Interpreter published multiple, lengthy blog posts denying the Holocaust and, when called out on this, Daniel Peterson just said his webmaster is a nice guy with some nutty ideas, and those posts don’t represent the views of the Interpreter Foundation.
good grief. Is he just trying to throw Peterson under the bus? Does he not realize how many “nutty” ideas the Interpreter has published, in what Philo has brilliantly designated as the “peerless review” that takes place in that pseudo-journal?!?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:05 am
…a peerless reviewed article in Interpreter
Philo, I have been laughing over this nonstop since I read it. I don’t know if it was autocorrect or all you, but in my opinion, this is the single best description of the Interpreter process since it was called the Playground Peer Review.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

It’s clear Peter/Mike is more than a little unnerved now that everyone can put his name to his blog.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Such a weird mish-mash of stuff.

The anti-semitic posts are vile. Neville is making a huge mistake by trying to pass them off as one Facebook post by a good guy who is kind of a nutter on the subject. He should condemn the posts full stop.

But the strident defense of Peterson is unwarranted. True, he didn’t say that all Heartlanders are anti-semites. But he implied it. He didn’t lament that the poster was anti-Semitic. He didn’t lament that one of his fellow Mormons was anti-Semitic. He lamented that at least one of his fellow Mormons was anti-Semitic.

That’s what we call a dog whistle, and in my opinion, it’s emblematic of the charming passive aggression in Mormon culture. In some ways, it’s worse than stating the accusation outright. If Peterson is criticized for the insinuation, he can respond with a bunch of bafflegab DARVO.

Nobody has a good look here.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Racism has always been a big problem for the Heartlanders. I see nothing to defend in anyone who traffics in the ugly, dangerous nonsense of anti-Semitism. You cut it off completely. I also think it is wise not to make open accusations of anti-Semitism unless the case is pretty clear. So, cut anti-Semites out of your association and do not go around carelessly making accusations. When the case it clear, as it is with Rian, rebuke them and reject them.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:29 pm
Racism has always been a big problem for the Heartlanders. I see nothing to defend in anyone who traffics in the ugly, dangerous nonsense of anti-Semitism. You cut it off completely. I also think it is wise not to make open accusations of anti-Semitism unless the case is pretty clear. So, cut anti-Semites out of your association and do not go around carelessly making accusations. When the case it clear, as it is with Rian, rebuke them and reject them.
Has similar rhetoric come out of the Mesoamerican camp?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
TwoCumorahFraud
Star A

Post by TwoCumorahFraud »

How many of you here know F.A.R.M.S. and by extension Book of Mormon Central & Interpreter Foundation & FAIR ripped off the Two Cumorah Mesoamerica theory which was created and copyrighted by a RLDS member who died in 1925?

The copyrights on his books and maps have expired, now in the Public Domain.

https://tinyurl.com/LEHills1917bwMap
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:38 am
Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:29 pm
Has similar rhetoric come out of the Mesoamerican camp?
Louis "Up The Stack and Lost In The Death Camps Of Europe" Midgley, Bill "Kike" Hamblin and Daniel "Jews Have Precious Few Friends" Peterson would never engage in anti-Semitic rheotric.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

TwoCumorahFraud wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:43 am
How many of you here know F.A.R.M.S. and by extension Book of Mormon Central & Interpreter Foundation & FAIR ripped off the Two Cumorah Mesoamerica theory which was created and copyrighted by a RLDS member who died in 1925?

The copyrights on his books and maps have expired, now in the Public Domain.

https://tinyurl.com/LEHills1917bwMap
Yes. Dr. Scratch, the B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies,had a couple of great threads about this. It even made number 6 on Dr. Scratch's Top Ten Happenings of Mopology: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=154423&p=2756442

TwoCumorahFraud, what are your thoughts about Mike Parker being Peter Pan?
Last edited by Everybody Wang Chung on Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014