“Peter Pan” is Unmasked as Mike Parker

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
malkie
God

Re: “Peter Pan” is Unmasked as Mike Parker

Post by malkie »

I've been listening to Steve Pynakker talking to Jonathon Neville about "Peter Pan" and "Neville-Neville Land". Although Steve talks a lot at the beginning - really, a lot - they have a good and reasonable discussion with no animosity expressed towards anyone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chfRwx7Kgwg

Pynakker invites Parker, Boylan, et al. to lay down their arms, in the spirit of Christian fellowship, and apologise for their previous attacks on Neville, and for their deviousness in what might charitably be called making up stories (my words). He also said that he'd be happy to host them on his show.

I have no dog in this fight - I don't believe in either the LGT or the Heartland theory - but I was as impressed with Neville's approach to the dispute as I've been unhappy with his attackers.

I hope that the LGT folks take Pynakker's appeal seriously, and humble themselves, but I don't really see it happening. At best, what I'd expect is a non-apology and a temporary toning down of the attacks.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Just listening to Bill Reel's podcast and he plays a snippet from Boylan's podcast where says, "I invented the Nygren character to throw people off the trail of Smoot and Peterson's involvement in Neville Neville Land."

Holy crap! Daniel Peterson is involved too?
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:17 am
He may have innocently uttered the wish, "Won't someone rid me of this meddlesome Heartlander?"
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

“A clueless SeN commenter named Seatimer” wrote: First, I think it's a shame the way the irritants over at the PoB and the Heartlanders manipulated Mike Parker into outing his true identity. It was interesting how they picked some innocent guy (whether real or made up) and then targeted him as being Peter Pan, thus forcing Mike's hand to reveal himself to protect the innocent. Once revealed, both groups attacked him as related by Dr. Peterson.

As we are currently observing in Mike's case, there are certain huge elements of protection afforded to anonymity, especially when dealing with weirdoes. Second, in my estimation, Dr. Daniel Peterson, with whom I have no meaningful contact, but whom I support wholeheartedly, is essentially targeted by both groups because he represents, (in their view) the most logical target of their ire. Dr. Peterson is unwavering in his quest for answers, wherever they might lead. The fact that the answers he discovers doesn't coincide with their preconceived views irritates them to no end. Thus, they target him.

Weirdoes gotta hate and we're seeing this in greater numbers, greater concentrations and greater doses as if it were a plague. Perhaps contagion comes in many forms...

LOL

I’m sure Mike and Peterson will explain to Seatimer how he got the story wrong, right? Because Mike and Peterson value the truth so much.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:17 am
Just listening to Bill Reel's podcast and he plays a snippet from Boylan's podcast where says, "I invented the Nygren character to throw people off the trail of Smoot and Peterson's involvement in Neville Neville Land."

Yeah, I’m sure we were all shocked by that “revelation.”

:roll:
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Second, in my estimation, Dr. Daniel Peterson, with whom I have no meaningful contact, but whom I support wholeheartedly, is essentially targeted by both groups because he represents, (in their view) the most logical target of their ire.
Another sock puppet?
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:14 pm
Second, in my estimation, Dr. Daniel Peterson, with whom I have no meaningful contact, but whom I support wholeheartedly, is essentially targeted by both groups because he represents, (in their view) the most logical target of their ire.
Another sock puppet?
No. Just one of a handful of mindless fans.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

A belated happy anniversary to the post that sunk an "invaluable" blog, as DCP put it.

The last post on Mike Parker's defunct blog was July 2023. Who knows what Mike would have continued spewing from his hate site had he not been unmasked.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:36 am
A belated happy anniversary to the post that sunk an "invaluable" blog, as DCP put it.
Yes, happy anniversary! A blog so vital and important that it shut down immediately after Dr. Scratch revealed Peter Pan’s identity. :lol:
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:36 am

The last post on Mike Parker's defunct blog was July 2023. Who knows what Mike would have continued spewing from his hate site had he not been unmasked.
Wow the time flies by! Perhaps Parker can begin anew and afresh with Tinker Bell this time......