“Peter Pan” is Unmasked as Mike Parker

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: “Peter Pan” is Unmasked as Mike Parker

Post by Moksha »

That Peter Pan guy (imagine how the Hurricane Priesthood group would react to a known Peter Pan in their midst) is a Neville Malevolent Stalker (but one that Dr. Peterson would approve of because it serves a desirable end).
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

The Savior admonished the Nephites to avoid contention because they were disputing over the proper manner of baptism (3 Nephi 11:28–30). His injunction was never intended to prevent people (such as your humble author) from pointing out dangerous falsehoods that are being promulgated within the Church of Jesus Christ.

https://www.nevillenevilleland.com/2023 ... rnton.html
Mike Parker (a.k.a. The Contentious Pan) believes in a very skewed and minutely interpreted letter of the law. Spirit of the law be damned. :roll:
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:15 am
This—right here—-says everything you need to know about Mopologetics. Here is Mike Parker saying, in full view of everyone, without a hint of irony, that he ran a smear blog for four years because of his belief that Neville’s “teachings will destroy faith.” Okay: let’s assume that this is sincere and not another lie. If Parker objects to writing that “will destroy faith,” then why has he had his lips attached to Daniel Peterson’s anus for all these years? John Dehlin presented very clear data on how FARMS/Interpreter apologetics are hurting faith. Sure: you can dismiss that data because it’s coming from Dehlin, but where is the similar data on the Heartlanders?

My point being: this wasn’t about stuff that “will destroy faith.” If it was, then why not yet another anti-Jeremy Runnels blog? This was specifically an anti-Neville blog, and Parker has never really explained why Neville is any more or less “dangerous” to faith than any other Heartlander.
To what extent would it be more accurate to say that Parker is really defending an orthodoxy of Mopologetics more than faith in the LDS Church and its leaders? I mean, if it is not required to have faith in Mopologetic maps of the Book of Mormon lands to be a member of the LDS Church in good standing, then what does attacking a different theory have to do with sustaining faith in the LDS Church and its leaders?
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:41 pm

To what extent would it be more accurate to say that Parker is really defending an orthodoxy of Mopologetics more than faith in the LDS Church and its leaders? I mean, if it is not required to have faith in Mopologetic maps of the Book of Mormon lands to be a member of the LDS Church in good standing, then what does attacking a different theory have to do with sustaining faith in the LDS Church and its leaders?
I think it would be *very* accurate. The Mopologists cannot point to a single person who has left the Church on account of their writings, and yet how easy is it to list people whose journey out was influenced by Mopologetics? We could probably list at least a dozen from this site alone.

Meanwhile, Parker’s claim about Neville is a distortion. The Heartlanders are not trying to disrupt faith in the Brethren; rather, they are saying that the Brethren are being “led astray” by Interpreter’s crappy ‘scholarship’!
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I just popped open Mike Parker’s hate blog, clicked on a random article, and saw this charming barb directed at his fellow believers:
As Meldrum struggled for the word, James with a look of confusion on his face and Hannah with doe-eyed vacancy. The takeaway from this is, if you’re going to lead a talk or podcast with something profound, prepare what you’re going to say in advance so you don’t look like an idiot.
Huh. That’s gotta be an anomaly because there’s no way he talks like this as a believing Latter-day Saint, right? Well:
Does Neville sustain the current members of the First Presidency and the Twelve as “prophets, seers, and revelators”? Or does he believe that they’re witless seat-warmers who don’t understand one of the most important doctrines of the Restoration? He’s seemingly attempting to hold to both views at the same time, as if such a thing were possible.

The cognitive dissonance required to believe the Heartland hoax is overwhelming.
Even when someone gently pushes back against his aggressive language and the use of a Native American caractiture* he responds with this:
Clearly, you’re not familiar with the intentional uses of irony, satire, and self-deprecation as a comic tropes.

It’s tragic when wit is wasted on the witless.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

The whole premise of the Mesoamerica hypothesis being superior to the Heartlander hypothesis is a head shaker. Neither hypothesis has enough evidence to convince anyone not already a Mormon. The Smithsonian states directly that evidence for the Book of Mormon is imaginary. Since the claims of both groups exist solely as stated beliefs, it seems they are on equal footing and ultimately there is nothing to gain by attacking each other.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:37 pm
The whole premise of the Mesoamerica hypothesis being superior to the Heartlander hypothesis is a head shaker. Neither hypothesis has enough evidence to convince anyone not already a Mormon. The Smithsonian states directly that evidence for the Book of Mormon is imaginary. Since the claims of both groups exist solely as stated beliefs, it seems they are on equal footing and ultimately there is nothing to gain by attacking each other.
Oh, really? From Mike Parker’s Peter Pan’s Twitter attack account:

https://Twitter.com/heartlandhoax?lang=en
The Book of Mormon is a real history of a real people, but it didn’t take place in Neville Land. Exposing the #HeartlandHoax since 2019. Pronouns: M2C/SITH
^ clearly Moksha must’ve missed something

With a whopping 35 followers, Mike Parker not only saw fit to create and maintain an attack blog to savage fellow Latter-day Saints, but he ginned up a Twitter account, too! You know. To cover his social media bases, I suppose.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:04 pm
Moksha wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:37 pm

The Book of Mormon is a real history of a real people, but it didn’t take place in Neville Land. Exposing the #HeartlandHoax since 2019. Pronouns: M2C/SITH

With a whopping 35 followers, Mike Parker not only saw fit to create and maintain an attack blog to savage fellow Latter-day Saints, but he ginned up a Twitter account, too! You know. To cover his social media bases, I suppose.

- Doc
Like many other, he seems to have not the first idea what a pronoun is.

I recently read a statement that left me shaking my head: "Jesus never used pronouns, so I don't either."
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

malkie wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:28 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:04 pm

- Doc

I recently read a statement that left me shaking my head: "Jesus never used pronouns, so I don't either."
Please tell me this wasn't a comment from Mike Parker or any Mopologist. But, yes, PLEASE do share the link if it was one of them! John 17 immediately popped into my mind as the ENTIRE CHAPTER is almost ENTIRELY using pronouns!
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:23 pm
malkie wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:28 pm

Please tell me this wasn't a comment from Mike Parker or any Mopologist. But, yes, PLEASE do share the link if it was one of them! John 17 immediately popped into my mind as the ENTIRE CHAPTER is almost ENTIRELY using pronouns!
NOT a Mop. It may have been one of the lunatic fringe in the House - I don't attempt to keep track of them, so I can't be sure.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!