“Peter Pan” is Unmasked as Mike Parker

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Canadiandude2
CTR B

Re: “Peter Pan” is Unmasked as Mike Parker

Post by Canadiandude2 »

But like-

Why all the subterfuge to begin with?

I hadn’t even heard of Mike Parker until now, nor the controversy of his Mo’ apologetics, nor his appropriative, ‘digital black-face’.

To be honest nor was I really aware of Dr. Peterson before I left the church. Oh- I’m sure my family took us kids to visit a FAIRMormon or FARMS exhibit while on some church history trip, but I didn’t care because the gospel was already true in my mind due to youthful warm fuzzies and plenty of religious social learning.

Is there really still a demand for the kind of apologetics Peterson represents?
Canadiandude2
CTR B

Post by Canadiandude2 »

DrStakhanovite wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:01 am
What was the motivation for lying about race? I mean if Neville-Neville Land was some political blog where race can be used to garner authenticity and other kinds of social currency, I can see the motive. How does it factor in when it comes to pulling apart an obscure religious belief that very few people are even aware of, much less care about?
Exactly this ^^^
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

DrStakhanovite wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:01 am
What was the motivation for lying about race? I mean if Neville-Neville Land was some political blog where race can be used to garner authenticity and other kinds of social currency, I can see the motive. How does it factor in when it comes to pulling apart an obscure religious belief that very few people are even aware of, much less care about?
Excellent question. I thought it might be a stupid attempt to be clever about the racist views of certain Heartlanders. An effort to imagine a likely foil that would be difficult to attack directly without revealing exactly who a Heartlander is at heart.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Doctor, would you be so kind as to link the original Nygren accusation?
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr Moore wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:54 pm
Doctor, would you be so kind as to link the original Nygren accusation?
Is this what you are looking for? Go to 5:15.
drumdude wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:27 am
The baffling Richard Nygren fabrication is at 5:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR6bJyjU-bc
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

The question that I have is where did Robert Boylan get the very detailed idea that “Richard Boylan Nygren” was an AA apologist that lives in Birmingham, AL? And if Smoot and DCP knew who was behind Peter Pan, why didn’t they set the record straight? DCP admitted he knew who Peter Pan was, so why did he run with Boylan’s lie? These guys have some very serious explaining to do.

- Doc

Edit: not Boylan, rather Nygren, derp
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:28 pm
The question that I have is where did Robert Boylan get the very detailed idea that “Richard Boylan” was an AA apologist that lives in Birmingham, AL? And if Smoot and DCP knew who was behind Peter Pan, why didn’t they set the record straight? DCP admitted he knew who Peter Pan was, so why did he run with Boylan’s lie? These guys have some very serious explaining to do.

- Doc
From the video, it looks to me like Robert Boylan was not in on the tasteless "gag." He seems to believe sincerely that Richard Nygren, Black LDS apologist, is a real person. So, who was his source?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
The question that I have is where did Robert Boylan get the very detailed idea that “Richard BoylanNygren” was an AA apologist that lives in Birmingham, AL? And if Smoot and DCP knew who was behind Peter Pan, why didn’t they set the record straight? DCP admitted he knew who Peter Pan was, so why did he run with Boylan’s lie? These guys have some very serious explaining to do.

- Doc
Mike Parker was aware, and apparently implies it's true, although he says it obliquely:
19 July 2022
"Recommended watching: Spencer Kraus’s interview with Robert Boylan"

By Peter | Tags: Heartland hoax, Historical sources, Seer stones

Even though this interview goes into more detail about this blog than I’m comfortable with, I still warmly recommend it to my reader(s):

[snipped: link to episode 15, "Spencer Kraus on Jonathan Neville's Use of Sources"]
—Peter Pan
Last edited by Marcus on Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Yeah. Who told Boylan about Richard Nygren? But whatever the case here...I hope this results in the heartlanders and the LGT Central Americaners come together as one as Jesus prayed they would. Sometimes it takes this level of nuttiness to help one realize what's really important.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:25 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
The question that I have is where did Robert Boylan get the very detailed idea that “Richard Boylan” was an AA apologist that lives in Birmingham, AL? And if Smoot and DCP knew who was behind Peter Pan, why didn’t they set the record straight? DCP admitted he knew who Peter Pan was, so why did he run with Boylan’s lie? These guys have some very serious explaining to do.

- Doc
Mike Parker was aware, and apparently implies it's true, although he says it obliquely:
19 July 2022
"Recommended watching: Spencer Kraus’s interview with Robert Boylan"

By Peter | Tags: Heartland hoax, Historical sources, Seer stones

Even though this interview goes into more detail about this blog than I’m comfortable with, I still warmly recommend it to my reader(s):

[snipped: link to episode 15, "Spencer Kraus on Jonathan Neville's Use of Sources"]
—Peter Pan
Wow. Unmasked indeed.