“Peter Pan” is Unmasked as Mike Parker

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Re: “Peter Pan” is Unmasked as Mike Parker

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Excellent work, Dr. Scratch. I also think you were 100% correct about Smoot being involved. It's pretty clear Smoot is Captain Hook.

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:35 pm
It would appear to be official:

https://www.nevillenevilleland.com/2023 ... s.html?m=1

He offers up a “Q&A” of sorts, but two key questions remain:

—Who was “Captain Hook”?
—Why did he pretend to be Richard Nygren?
Since Neville will be on BYP’s show this evening, perhaps now was the time to acknowledge the truth, or part of it, at any rate.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

I have to wonder how upset the mopologists are that it was Dr. Scratch who uncovered the identity of Peter Pan. Afterall, the mopologists have been trying for well over a decade to uncover Dr. Scratch's identity.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:43 pm
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:35 pm
It would appear to be official:

https://www.nevillenevilleland.com/2023 ... s.html?m=1

He offers up a “Q&A” of sorts, but two key questions remain:

—Who was “Captain Hook”?
—Why did he pretend to be Richard Nygren?
Since Neville will be on BYP’s show this evening, perhaps now was the time to acknowledge the truth, or part of it, at any rate.
Perhaps he thinks he is taking the pleasure out of me outing him? I wasn't going to anyway, but hey, now he can claim he is as honest as he can be, unless there is something else to hide, so much for temple worthiness eh? :D
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

You seem kind of obsessed with Jonathan Neville and Heartlanders. Can’t you just let people believe what they want to believe?

People are absolutely free to believe what they want to believe. Not all beliefs are true, though, and some beliefs are based on flawed reasoning, faulty methodology, or biased interpretation. To one extent or another we’re all prone to making such errors,
Aren't we, though? :roll:
...but the Heartland movement is particularly afflicted by them.
Particularly? You mean more so than your belief that a 19th century work is actually a historical document, for which there is ZERO evidence?
...Jonathan Neville has set forth specific propositions that are at odds with the historical record, at odds with what has been taught by leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and at odds with careful analysis of the data. He’s free to believe whatever he wants to believe, but when he publicly advocates for his beliefs, then he opens himself up to review, criticism, and rebuttal.
glad to see a mopologist acknowledge that when their "specific propositions are at odds with the historical record," they are open to "review, criticism, and rebuttal."
...I believe that his teachings will destroy faith and confidence in The Church of Jesus Christ and its divinely ordained leaders. As I wrote above, I’m sure that Jonathan Neville is a nice person, but his words are spiritually toxic. The Neville-Neville Land blog exists to expose and examine his teachings and the erroneous statements of others in the Heartland movement.

Also, based on specific things that Neville has said and done, I question his sense of good judgment in some matters.
Now that is truly a tempest in a teapot.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:47 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:57 pm
Reading through some of that thread, and my heart sure misses Uncle Dale.
He was a treasure. I would love to know his post-MDB history. He was having serious health problems before he left the board.
Fun Uncle Dale writings of the past: https://www.erbzine.com/mag11/1109.html
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hypocrisy, thy name is Mike Parker, a.k.a. Peter Pan.
I was open to revealing my real name at some point, but eventually this blog began to draw the attention of some unstable people in the Heartland movement, so the pseudonym eventually evolved from a in-joke to something that I used to provide a measure of protection for myself and my family.
Weird how none of the Heartlanders, or anyone else for that matter, has made a blog specifically to attack Mike Parker’s theology. And speaking of unstable, Mike Parker easily uses the most toxic, vicious language I’ve seen one Mormon use to attack a fellow Mormon. Funny how Mike Parker didn’t give even two craps about Neville’s (and other associated Heartlanders) personhood, family, or reputation to stop himself from doxxing them, but good Lord he wanted to keep his own identity private.
What do you have against Jonathan Neville?

Nothing, honestly. This isn’t a personal issue for me. I’ve never met him, but I’m sure that he’s a loving husband and a swell guy.
So, that’s a lie. You can’t personally attack Neville’s character and viciously attack his theology, and then turn around and lie you think he’s a “swell guy” and it isn’t personal. You created a blog and ran it for three years, you daft muppet, to attack these men.
Then why do you maintain a blog called “Neville-Neville Land”?

The point of this blog is to examine Jonathan Neville’s claims, not to go after him as an individual.
Do Mormons ever stop lying? THE BLOG’S NAME IS TITLED AFTER YOUR TARGET’S NAME. FFS.
The name of the blog is, of course, a pun. It’s meant to be humorous, not malicious. It’s no worse than Neville’s use of puns in the names of his own blogs, and it’s certainly better than the name-calling and demonization Neville himself has engaged in.
Mike Parker can’t even own his own behavior. He blames his behavior on Neville’s behavior. This is some bush league middle school BS excuse. Mike, stop being a pussy, and own your crap.
Do you get paid to run this blog?

I haven’t received so much as a nickel from anyone for starting and maintaining the Neville-Neville Land blog. I don’t even use advertising to monetize this site.
Good Lord, do these guys ever not engage in fallacious behavior? The question and answer is a good example of the fallacy of the irrelevant conclusion.
You seem kind of obsessed with Jonathan Neville and Heartlanders.

You are obsessed. As Kiwi57 would say, “You ran an anonymous and as such a cowardly hate blog to attack Latter-day Saints for three years running.” You’re pathetic.
Jonathan Neville has set forth specific propositions that are at odds with the historical record, at odds with what has been taught by leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and at odds with careful analysis of the data. He’s free to believe whatever he wants to believe, but when he publicly advocates for his beliefs, then he opens himself up to review, criticism, and rebuttal.
This isn’t personal, though. :roll:
I believe that his teachings will destroy faith and confidence in The Church of Jesus Christ and its divinely ordained leaders. As I wrote above, I’m sure that Jonathan Neville is a nice person, but his words are spiritually toxic. The Neville-Neville Land blog exists to [attack a fellow Latter-day Saint’s life and opinions] and the erroneous statements of others in the Heartland movement.
Yeah. This isn’t personal, right? :roll:
Also, based on specific things that Neville has said and done, I question his sense of good judgment in some matters.
Not personal, right? :roll:
- Peter Pan (Mike Parker), Hurricane, Utah
- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:44 pm
Fun Uncle Dale writings of the past: https://www.erbzine.com/mag11/1109.html
Thanks, Moksha!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:07 am
Hypocrisy, thy name is Mike Parker, a.k.a. Peter Pan.
I was open to revealing my real name at some point, but eventually this blog began to draw the attention of some unstable people in the Heartland movement, so the pseudonym eventually evolved from a in-joke to something that I used to provide a measure of protection for myself and my family.
Weird how none of the Heartlanders, or anyone else for that matter, has made a blog specifically to attack Mike Parker’s theology. And speaking of unstable, Mike Parker easily uses the most toxic, vicious language I’ve seen one Mormon use to attack a fellow Mormon. Funny how Mike Parker didn’t give even two craps about Neville’s (and other associated Heartlanders) personhood, family, or reputation to stop himself from doxxing them, but good Lord he wanted to keep his own identity private.
What do you have against Jonathan Neville?

Nothing, honestly. This isn’t a personal issue for me. I’ve never met him, but I’m sure that he’s a loving husband and a swell guy.
So, that’s a lie. You can’t personally attack Neville’s character and viciously attack his theology, and then turn around and lie you think he’s a “swell guy” and it isn’t personal. You created a blog and ran it for three years, you daft muppet, to attack these men.
Then why do you maintain a blog called “Neville-Neville Land”?

The point of this blog is to examine Jonathan Neville’s claims, not to go after him as an individual.
Do Mormons ever stop lying? THE BLOG’S NAME IS TITLED AFTER YOUR TARGET’S NAME. FFS.
The name of the blog is, of course, a pun. It’s meant to be humorous, not malicious. It’s no worse than Neville’s use of puns in the names of his own blogs, and it’s certainly better than the name-calling and demonization Neville himself has engaged in.
Mike Parker can’t even own his own behavior. He blames his behavior on Neville’s behavior. This is some bush league middle school B.S. excuse. Mike, stop being a pussy, and own your crap.
Do you get paid to run this blog?

I haven’t received so much as a nickel from anyone for starting and maintaining the Neville-Neville Land blog. I don’t even use advertising to monetize this site.
Good Lord, do these guys ever not engage in fallacious behavior? The question and answer is a good example of the fallacy of the irrelevant conclusion.
You seem kind of obsessed with Jonathan Neville and Heartlanders.

You are obsessed. As Kiwi57 would say, “You ran an anonymous and as such a cowardly hate blog to attack Latter-day Saints for three years running.” You’re pathetic.
Jonathan Neville has set forth specific propositions that are at odds with the historical record, at odds with what has been taught by leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and at odds with careful analysis of the data. He’s free to believe whatever he wants to believe, but when he publicly advocates for his beliefs, then he opens himself up to review, criticism, and rebuttal.
This isn’t personal, though. :roll:
I believe that his teachings will destroy faith and confidence in The Church of Jesus Christ and its divinely ordained leaders. As I wrote above, I’m sure that Jonathan Neville is a nice person, but his words are spiritually toxic. The Neville-Neville Land blog exists to [attack a fellow Latter-day Saint’s life and opinions] and the erroneous statements of others in the Heartland movement.
Yeah. This isn’t personal, right? :roll:
Not personal, right? :roll:
- Peter Pan (Mike Parker), Hurricane, Utah
- Doc
Powerful rejoinder, and actually fair!
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

.I believe that his teachings will destroy faith and confidence in The Church of Jesus Christ and its divinely ordained leaders. As I wrote above, I’m sure that Jonathan Neville is a nice person, but his words are spiritually toxic. The Neville-Neville Land blog exists to expose and examine his teachings and the erroneous statements of others in the Heartland movement.
This—right here—-says everything you need to know about Mopologetics. Here is Mike Parker saying, in full view of everyone, without a hint of irony, that he ran a smear blog for four years because of his belief that Neville’s “teachings will destroy faith.” Okay: let’s assume that this is sincere and not another lie. If Parker objects to writing that “will destroy faith,” then why has he had his lips attached to Daniel Peterson’s anus for all these years? John Dehlin presented very clear data on how FARMS/Interpreter apologetics are hurting faith. Sure: you can dismiss that data because it’s coming from Dehlin, but where is the similar data on the Heartlanders?

My point being: this wasn’t about stuff that “will destroy faith.” If it was, then why not yet another anti-Jeremy Runnels blog? This was specifically an anti-Neville blog, and Parker has never really explained why Neville is any more or less “dangerous” to faith than any other Heartlander.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14