“Peter Pan” is Unmasked as Mike Parker

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: “Peter Pan” is Unmasked as Mike Parker

Post by Philo Sofee »

MormonDiscussionInc wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:32 pm
can I please be forwarded all screenshots of where Apologists indicate that they know who Peter Pan is and specifically any screenshot showing anyone knew Nygren. And any time Mike Parker seems to be in the same space as these conversations. One Source has already forwarded me several such items but not the ones you mention in the most recent comments. Though I must say what I was sent is very interesting. Mike has threatened to sue me over libel and I would love nothing more than to see what Boylan might say on the stand to the questions that might arise from this evidence we have plus that which is being mentioned. Apologists are at the moment digging a hole and every time they deny any of this, it won't reflect well.
It appears to me that every time an apologist gets into hot water over their obvious bad choices, they turn around and threaten to sue someone. It is pathetic. If Mike should sue anyone it appears to be Robert Boylan for making false statements about identification. Gossipy, but yes, Boylan seems positively embarrassed about making such a racist cover-up in order to protect Mike's secret identity.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:45 pm
, Boylan seems positively embarrassed about making such a racist cover-up in order to protect Mike's secret identity.
Where did he address it?
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

But as DCP himself already admitted, he knew Peter Pan’s identity ~a year and half ago at the time of that post. He could’ve just set the record straight with, “Peter Pan isn’t someone named Richard Nygren. I know who it is, and it isn’t him.”

eta: The real burning question is, who fed Boylan the information that Peter Pan is a black LDS man living in Birmingham, AL? The secondary question is why didn’t DCP set the record straight when he had a chance, instead he let the falsehood marinate.
It looks like the apologists came to realize that attempting to keep Mike Parker's identity secret (not sacred), was helpful if they all chimed in and said I don't know who this Nygren guy is. Mike apparently told DCP and Smoot he was Peter Pan, but asked them to keep it quiet. So Boylan in the apologetic spirit of deceiving everyone just made Nygren up, and in order to keep people off Mike's trail, made Nygren a black man far away from Hurricane Utah, putting him way down in Alabama. (Apparently Boylan also was informed Mike was Peter Pan) Everyone goes there to search for the fake identity thus keeping Mike's identity safe.

The apologetic mindset is to circle the wagons protecting one of their own so he can get off against Neville with fury and self-righteous indignation and spiritual hurt for Neville causing apostasy and chaos in the church (in apologists own minds). One must make enemies in order to fight for one's own view in Mormon apologetics mindset and psychology. So, Boylan, feeling he can help, invents Nygren. WHY ELSE would Boylan remain so tight lipped about questions about where HE found out about Nygren? He realizes, "Oops! damn I blew it, so now I am the one who has to hide all the information". He found out about Nygren because he invented Nygren in order to help out his brother in the Gospel Mike Parker remain anonymous. It worked well, with Smoot never clarifying so it looked like it was Smoot, thus again, protecting Parker's identity.

Then along came Dr. Scratch and found the fool proof identity of Peter Pan as Parker, and the gig was up. When Parker realized it, he confessed who he was just shortly before I had Jonathan Neville on my Backyard Professor Live show, because Parker feared I was going to "out him" publicly, and carry on about him and his deceptive (though sanctioned by his Priesthood... the Priesthood always excuses Mormon for lying and deceiving, in their own minds). He could not have known I had no intention of even mentioning him nor his ridiculous crusade against Neville, even though I did make a few comments.
Last edited by Philo Sofee on Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

drumdude wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:49 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:45 pm
, Boylan seems positively embarrassed about making such a racist cover-up in order to protect Mike's secret identity.
Where did he address it?
He didn't, Bill says Boylan is taking down all kinds of information concerning Bill's questions asking him to clarify on Facebook...
Last edited by Philo Sofee on Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:04 pm
drumdude wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:49 pm

Where did he address it?
He didn't, Bill says Boylan is taking down all kinds of information when he is asked on Social Media...
Got it, missed that!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

drumdude wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:07 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:04 pm

He didn't, Bill says Boylan is taking down all kinds of information when he is asked on Social Media...
Got it, missed that!
Yeah it is specifically Bill's questions to Boylan that Boylan is taking down... that happened on Boylan's Facebook
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

MormonDiscussionInc wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:32 pm
can I please be forwarded all screenshots of where Apologists indicate that they know who Peter Pan is and specifically any screenshot showing anyone knew Nygren. And any time Mike Parker seems to be in the same space as these conversations. One Source has already forwarded me several such items but not the ones you mention in the most recent comments. Though I must say what I was sent is very interesting. Mike has threatened to sue me over libel and I would love nothing more than to see what Boylan might say on the stand to the questions that might arise from this evidence we have plus that which is being mentioned. Apologists are at the moment digging a hole and every time they deny any of this, it won't reflect well.
Again, I don't do screenshots, but here is an exchange involving Parker as peter pan, Smoot, and Peterson, where they discuss the Nygren-Pan alleged connection. Permanent link is included for Pan comment:
Peter Pan
8 months ago edited
It’s been a source of much amusement for me the last few days to watch “Doctor Scratch” and his cohorts flail about aimlessly trying to determine my true identity and coming nowhere near the mark. Scratch is so convinced that I’m Stephen Smoot that every little piece of evidence, no matter how wrong, simply confirms his predetermined bias.

Share ›

http://disq.us/p/2q1phsl

DanielPeterson Mod Peter Pan
8 months ago

Peter Pan: "It’s been a source of much amusement for me the last few days to watch “Doctor Scratch” and his cohorts flail about aimlessly trying to determine my true identity and coming nowhere near the mark. Scratch is so convinced that I’m Stephen Smoot that every little piece of evidence, no matter how wrong, simply confirms his predetermined bias."

I agree. It's been really funny to watch.

But then, of course, I would agree, because

I am he as you are he as you are me
And we are all together . . .
I am the egg man.
They are the egg men.
I am the walrus.
Goo goo g'joob!

Share ›

S
Stephen Smoot
8 months ago edited

I must confess that I am more than a little bemused to learn from Doctor Scratch that I am the mysterious "Peter Pan" of the Neville-Neville Land blog. The reason I say this is because I have never written under this sobriquet, and so I am just now learning this shocking fact. Although, I suppose it's possible that we have a sort of Moon Knight situation going on here where when I fall asleep at night I unconsciously assume the form of a vengeful reincarnated Egyptian deity out to viciously destroy the Heartlanders with my characteristic unrestrained cruelty and malice.

But unless that is somehow the explanation, I can affirm that no, I am not "Peter Pan" and Doctor Scratch and the other conspiratorial-minded denizens of that venerable old "Mormon Discussions" message board are barking up the wrong tree. I am sorry to say, but the collective sleuthing powers of the Doctor and his minions leave much to be desired.

Perhaps the good Doctor neglected to take his Donepezil this morning and has forgotten that I have already repeatedly criticized the Heartlanders (including Jonathan Neville) on my own blog and using my own name. If I ever want to say something about the Heartlanders, I would not hesitate to do so under my real identity, not a pseudonym.

My profoundest apologies if this ruins the fun for Doctor Scratch et al. over on Mormon Discussions.

Share ›

DanielPeterson Mod Stephen Smoot
8 months ago edited

Stephen Smoot: "the collective sleuthing powers of the Doctor and his minions leave much to be desired."

They always have. But uncontrolled imagination and unrelenting malice compensate to at least some degree.

Share ›

S
Stephen Smoot Stephen Smoot
8 months ago

P.S., my understanding from listening to Robert Boylan's interview with Spencer Kraus is that "Peter Pan" is some fellow down in Alabama named Richard Nygren. But whoever this Mr. Nygren may be I cannot say. I have never met him, nor have I ever corresponded with him online.

Share ›

DanielPeterson Mod Stephen Smoot
8 months ago edited

Stephen Smoot: "P.S., my understanding from listening to Robert Boylan's interview with Spencer Kraus is that "Peter Pan" is some fellow down in Alabama named Richard Nygren. But whoever this Mr. Nygren may be I cannot say. I have never met him, nor have I ever corresponded with him online."

I've never so much as heard of him. I briefly looked for him online, but found nothing. I'd like to think that he exists, though.

My bet is that he's one of my multiple personalities, just as you are.

I learned just the other day, incidentally, that Public Square Magazine ([link removed]) is yet another of my clandestine operations. We are Legion!

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... curse.html
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:01 pm
But as DCP himself already admitted, he knew Peter Pan’s identity ~a year and half ago at the time of that post. He could’ve just set the record straight with, “Peter Pan isn’t someone named Richard Nygren. I know who it is, and it isn’t him.”

eta: The real burning question is, who fed Boylan the information that Peter Pan is a black LDS man living in Birmingham, AL? The secondary question is why didn’t DCP set the record straight when he had a chance, instead he let the falsehood marinate.
It looks like the apologists came to realize that attempting to keep Mike Parker's identity secret (not sacred), was helpful if they all chimed in and said I don't know who this Nygren guy is. Mike apparently told DCP and Smoot he was Peter Pan, but asked them to keep it quiet. So Boylan in the apologetic spirit of deceiving everyone just made Nygren up, and in order to keep people off Mike's trail, made Nygren a black man far away from Hurricane Utah, putting him way down in Alabama. (Apparently Boylan also was informed Mike was Peter Pan) Everyone goes there to search for the fake identity thus keeping Mike's identity safe.

The apologetic mindset is to circle the wagons protecting one of their own so he can get off against Neville with fury and self-righteous indignation and spiritual hurt for Neville causing apostasy and chaos in the church (in apologists own minds). One must make enemies in order to fight for one's own view in Mormon apologetics mindset and psychology. So, Boylan, feeling he can help, invents Nygren. WHY ELSE would Boylan remain so tight lipped about questions about where HE found out about Nygren? He realizes, "Oops! damn I blew it, so now I am the one who has to hide all the information". He found out about Nygren because he invented Nygren in order to help out his brother in the Gospel Mike Parker remain anonymous. It worked well, with Smoot never clarifying so it looked like it was Smoot, thus again, protecting Parker's identity.

Then along came Dr. Scratch and found the fool proof identity of Peter Pan as Parker, and the gig was up. When Parker realized it, he confessed who he was just shortly before I had Jonathan Neville on my Backyard Professor Live show, because Parker feared I was going to "out him" publicly, and carry on about him and his deceptive (though sanctioned by his Priesthood... the Priesthood always excuses Mormon for lying and deceiving, in their own minds). He could not have known I had no intention of even mentioning him nor his ridiculous crusade against Neville, even though I did make a few comments.
Philo, I’m still baffled by this claim that Peterson had some obligation to clarify. Here’s a paraphrase of the relevant interaction:

DCP: I know who Peter Pan is and, as I’ve previously guessed, it’s somebody I already knew.

Smoot: Boyle said it’s Richard Nygren.

DCP: I’ve never heard of Richard Nygren.

It’s apparent from what Peterson said that PP is not Nygren.

It’s basic grade school reading comprehension.

And I must have missed something. What is the evidence that Smoot knew who PP was when he made the comment about Nygren?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Stephen Smoot: "the collective sleuthing powers of the Doctor and his minions leave much to be desired."
DCP
They always have. But uncontrolled imagination and unrelenting malice compensate to at least some degree.
What, now that Scratch sniffed out Mike as Peter Pan, no apologies from the merry maker's myopia and laughing at the detective work from Dr. Scratch which worked so well, Parker finally came out and admitted he was Peter Pan?

No surprise really though. Apologists never admit it when they are wrong, outed, or outdone.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Res Ipsa
Philo, I’m still baffled by this claim that Peterson had some obligation to clarify. Here’s a paraphrase of the relevant interaction:
DCP: I know who Peter Pan is and, as I’ve previously guessed, it’s somebody I already knew.
So DCP now knows it's Mike Parker...
Smoot: Boyle said it’s Richard Nygren.
Smoot throwing in confusion to keep eyes off Mike Parker...
DCP: I’ve never heard of Richard Nygren.
DCP playing the game for all its worth, helping keep eyes off Mike Parker.

Res Ipsa
It’s apparent from what Peterson said that PP is not Nygren.

Philo:
True.

Res Ipsa
It’s basic grade school reading comprehension.
Philo:
True again.

Res Ipsa
And I must have missed something. What is the evidence that Smoot knew who PP was when he made the comment about Nygren?
Philo:
It is my hunch. It is quite seriously improbable for only ONE apologist in the Peterson camp to know a secret identity when they all can find a way to mock and have fun fooling all of us here on the message board, most especially Dr. Scratch. So everyone gets in the know, ya know, and they all conspire to throw off Shades Message Board participants by playing antics, and Boylan comes up with the idea that "Hey guys! I can make up some black guy way far away in Alabama and say it's him!"
And, of course, this is too hilarious for DCP, Parker himself, Smoot and all of them to not do, so they all say go for it, and lets have some fun showing how stupid our critics are.

That IS the attitude and mindset of Mopologists. We have the evidence with Metcalfe is Butthead and other total impish gaffes through the years. Anything is legal and righteous to Mopes if they can make their perceived and invented enemies look like absolute bungling idiots. That is DCP's Gospel of truth in Christ, so of course, the gang wants in on the fun, and follow suit. And DCP is only happy to oblige as it elevates him in his cheerleaders minds and the praise is sugar to his soul.

There is no evidence for Smoot knowing who PP was, so far as I know. But as closely knit as Mopes are, there is little doubt in my mind Smoot had that knowledge. It is not something Parker would keep to himself, because all the Mopes can snicker behind the scenes with each other as they continue deceiving everyone else and misleading everyone else who Peter Pan was. It's their bread and butter for fun. They all could ask each other "Hey what else can we do to show our superiority in intellect, and throw those other guys off?" It is how they work together.
EDITED TO ADD:
I am very grateful DCP is under no obligation to confess who PP was. I am glad he went along with the ruse and mocked Dr. Scratch, and the rest of us here, because this gave everyone here a chance to do some sleuthing and demonstrate that the collective intellect here is superior to the intellect of the Mopes. And that has to just drive them nuts!