“Peter Pan” is Unmasked as Mike Parker

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MormonDiscussionInc
Sunbeam

Re: “Peter Pan” is Unmasked as Mike Parker

Post by MormonDiscussionInc »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:28 pm
MormonDiscussionInc wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:24 pm
Mike Parker has gone into my old place of employment and has demanded I take down my Facebook post claiming my is borderline libel. And That I need to issue a retraction and a apology. He Claims I called him a racist which I didn't do.

But to better understand the connection

Source (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR6bJyjU-bc&t=322s )

I am curious about where Robert Boylan on this clip gets the information that

he says Richard Nygren "is one of only a few African-American apologists; he lives in Birmingham, Alabama"?
and where does he get that Richard Nygren is the persona behind https://www.nevillenevilleland.com/ ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: Only apologists are so terrified of differing opinions. He's a real piece of work he is.... And now that I know your boss, that would have been a BLAST to be a fly on the wall to listen to that exchange....
That exchange very well could have been recorded by several cameras.....
Mormon Discussion Inc is a non-profit that seeks to help others deconstruct unhealthy systems and reconstruct their lives One Episode At a Time MormonDiscussionPodcast.org
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Mike Parker has gone into my old place of employment and has demanded I take down my Facebook post claiming my is borderline libel. And That I need to issue a retraction and a apology. He Claims I called him a racist which I didn't do.
No way. Mike Parker from Hurricane, Utah and who is the persona Peter Pan who is behind the Neville-Neville Land hate blog, went into a business to rant about you? What a dodo.

eta: Please, for the love of god, post the footage.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Tom
Area Authority

Post by Tom »

But to better understand the connection

Source (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR6bJyjU-bc&t=322s )

I am curious about where Robert Boylan on this clip gets the information that

he says Richard Nygren "is one of only a few African-American apologists; he lives in Birmingham, Alabama"?
and where does he get that Richard Nygren is the persona behind https://www.nevillenevilleland.com/ ?
I noticed that Boylan has revised his show notes to remove reference to Brother Nygren. Of course, he hasn’t edited the podcast.
Last edited by Tom on Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

MormonDiscussionInc:

Could you please post a link to where Parker has been saying this?

As for the charge of racist behavior: whoever was behind the “Richard Nygren” claim is guilty of childish racist behavior. Based on Boylan’s YouTube episode, you kind of have to conclude that either Parker or Boylan was responsible.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:11 am
I am the very model of a modern Mormon apologeneral...
Dress RFM up in a Nauvoo General uniform (or Napoleon Bonaparte) and let him perform this rendition from
The H.M.S Pinafore. It would be a side-splitter at the next Thrive get-together.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Was thinking about Kerry's podcast with kindly Brother Neville. Can you imagine Mike Parker snarling at the monitor in an apologetic frenzy and trying to bite through the bezel?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Didn’t dowsin’ Dan Peterson claim he didn’t have much to do with Mike Parker’s hate blog (the one called Neville-Neville Land that he writes under the pseudonym Peter Pan from his home in Hurricane, Utah)?

Welp. Dated today.
And, alas, here are links to the latest entries on the sadly-necessary Neville-Neville Land blog:
Do these guys ever stop lying and misrepresenting their actions?

MIKE PARKER, FROM HURRICANE, UTAH WHO POSTS AS PETER PAN ON YOUR HATE BLOG NEVILLE-NEVILLE LAND. REVEAL YOURSELF. COME TO ACCOUNT RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW, YOU DEVIL. I CALL YOU OUT; I CALL YOU ON THE CARPET, YOU WEASELLY MINK. YOU DECEIVER. YOU LIAR. COME TO ACCOUNT FOR YOUR SINS, OR ARE YOU A COWARD?

FACE YOUR ACCUSERS. MAN OR MOUSE?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

WOW! I would love to see that footage. It reminds me of when Louis Midgley confronted Sandra Tanner at her bookstore.

Mopologists have no shame.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Wow.

There are a lot of people living rent free in Mike Parker’s head.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

That is utterly repugnant. What on earth was he trying to accomplish by going to a place of employment with this type of complaint? All it shows is an astonishing lack of character from an incredibly dishonest person. What an embarrassment.