“Peter Pan” is Unmasked as Mike Parker

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Re: “Peter Pan” is Unmasked as Mike Parker

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

In what has to be one of most dickish things I've ever read from the mopologists, Mike Parker lashes out at BYP over having Jonathan Neville on his show. BYP really must have struck a nerve with Mike Parker. I guess Mike Parker is still fuming and licking his wounds from being outed by Dr. Scratch.

Just look at the kindness, Christlike love and professionalism Mike Parker shows in his post. The fruits of Mormonism are fruity indeed. Folks, you can't make this stuff up:

Jonathan Neville: A tool the hands of our enemies
By Peter | Tags: Self-awareness
On Sunday, March 26, 2023, Jonathan Neville did a livestream interview with Kerry Shirts, a former member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who is now a fervant critic of the restored gospel.

In a blog post, Neville described Shirts as a “great guy” who focuses “more on understanding others’ points of view than on arguing about who is correct.”

“I’m happy to see this type of openness and recognition of multiple working hypotheses,” he continued. “Maybe someday even LDS [sic] apologists will adopt this approach?”

My guess is that Jonathan Neville didn’t bother to do any research ahead of time to see who Kerry Shirts is and what he’s written and said about the Church of Jesus Christ. He’s a frequent contributor on the Discuss Mormonism message board, where he’s posted nearly 4,000 times under the username “Philo Sofee.” You can read all of his posts at this link; I will let you, the reader, determine for yourself what he thinks about “understanding others” instead of “arguing about who is correct.”

What Neville doesn’t grasp is that, to Kerry Shirts and others like him, the ideas of Heartlanders are so ridiculous that they aren’t worth arguing about; rather, they are convenient tools for making the Church and its claims look bad. To them, Neville is just a chump who can be manipulated to mock and tear down “Mormonism” and everything related to it.

—Peter Pan (Mike Parker)

(Since I know Kerry Shirts personally and that he reads this blog: Hi, Kerry; it’s been a long time. I’m sorry you’re no longer a believer in the restored gospel of Christ, but I hope you’re happy and fulfilled.)
https://www.nevillenevilleland.com/2023 ... emies.html
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

BYP is much kinder in person on his videos than he sometimes is here on the forum.

Mike is probably the same way. He is certainly an ass on his formerly pseudonymous blog.

Seems like sour grapes. No one is paying much attention to Neville Neville land. The large majority of his posts have 0 comments.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Thanks for the update! What Peter Pan in his adolescence fails to grasp is Jonathan and I exactly talked about my current stance, and my criticizing the church and the brethren and he knows I am a disbeliever and quite seriously skeptical of what leaders say, (He has watched several of my potent "Backyard Professor Responds" videos [available at Mormon Discussion Inc - full playlist here - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... D8ouBx5x5O] where I take no prisoners from the lies the leaders continue to proclaim) since they would rather lie than tell the truth as we all in You Tube land have documented umpteen thousands of times, and of which apologists are silent on, not daring to enter the arena of actual discussion of evidences and church claims, as they have been invited to do so many, many times. Jonathan is not at all blind as to who I am or what I do not believe, as we already cleared that air. But we are still good friends - impossible for Mopes to grasp, but still totally true - he has invited me to his oceanside house to barbeque and play on the beach and do more videos together which I will certainly do so.

I also wish to make it perfectly clear that the Mesoamerican fantasy Book of Mormon geography doesn't need the Heartland at all to make the church look absolutely stupidly bad, it does so well enough on its own accord.

Since I know Mike frequently reads these message boards and I also know him personally, Hi Mike! Great to see your doing well. I am thrilled I got out of the church and am gaining the further light and knowledge that Father promised.

P.S. Numbers 37 - 52 are my discussion of the Joseph Smith Papyri. I will discuss with any apologist who wishes to. I have been thorough and demonstrate, fundamentally, why apologists have absolutely lost the war with the Book of Abraham.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

On the podcast side notes, Richard Nygren said, "​I personally believe in the 4 Cumorah theory. Somewhere in Meso-America, New York, Scranton, PA, and La Verkin, UT." That La Verkin, Utah reference makes me think he had been influenced by BYU archeologist Louis Midgley.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:23 am
On the podcast side notes, Richard Nygren said, "​I personally believe in the 4 Cumorah theory. Somewhere in Meso-America, New York, Scranton, PA, and La Verkin, UT." That La Verkin, Utah reference makes me think he had been influenced by BYU archeologist Louis Midgley.
:lol: :lol:

Yes, the famous La Verkin Cumorah theory. It has Louis Midgley written all over it. A quick Google search shows that La Verkin's most popular attraction is the hot spring. Just from looking at the picture you can clearly see that these were probably ancient Nephite baptismal fonts. Isn't it great? Isn't it marvelous?

Even after 200 years of searching, there is just as much evidence the Book of Mormon took place in La Verkin as anywhere else.

La Verkin's famous hot springs, or as it was called in ancient times, the Waters of Mormon:
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I am the very model of a modern Mormon apologeneral,
I've information biblical, doctrinal, and archaeologal,
I know the prophets' teachings, and I quote their words historical,
From Adam to Moroni, and in order categorical;

I'm very well acquainted, too, with all things theological,
I understand the scriptures, both the simple and eschatological,
About the plan of salvation, I'm teeming with a lot of news,
With many cheerful facts about the atonement's long redemptive hues.

I'm well aware of criticisms, and their evidence so pitiful,
I've answered every doubt, my defense is almost clinical,
From the Book of Abraham to temple rites, my faith is unassailable,
I am a Mormon apologist, my arguments practically unsinkable!

In short, in matters biblical, doctrinal, and archaeological,
I am the very model of a modern Mormon apologeneral.

You can just see Dan and Mike in their little British uniforms, can’t you? :lol:
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:11 am

You can just see Dan and Mike in their little British uniforms, can’t you? :lol:
:lol:
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:40 am
In what has to be one of most dickish things I've ever read from the mopologists, Mike Parker lashes out at BYP over having Jonathan Neville on his show. BYP really must have struck a nerve with Mike Parker. I guess Mike Parker is still fuming and licking his wounds from being outed by Dr. Scratch.

Just look at the kindness, Christlike love and professionalism Mike Parker shows in his post. The fruits of Mormonism are fruity indeed. Folks, you can't make this stuff up:

Jonathan Neville: A tool the hands of our enemies
By Peter | Tags: Self-awareness
On Sunday, March 26, 2023, Jonathan Neville did a livestream interview with Kerry Shirts, a former member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who is now a fervant critic of the restored gospel.

In a blog post, Neville described Shirts as a “great guy” who focuses “more on understanding others’ points of view than on arguing about who is correct.”

“I’m happy to see this type of openness and recognition of multiple working hypotheses,” he continued. “Maybe someday even LDS [sic] apologists will adopt this approach?”

My guess is that Jonathan Neville didn’t bother to do any research ahead of time to see who Kerry Shirts is and what he’s written and said about the Church of Jesus Christ. He’s a frequent contributor on the Discuss Mormonism message board, where he’s posted nearly 4,000 times under the username “Philo Sofee.” You can read all of his posts at this link; I will let you, the reader, determine for yourself what he thinks about “understanding others” instead of “arguing about who is correct.”

What Neville doesn’t grasp is that, to Kerry Shirts and others like him, the ideas of Heartlanders are so ridiculous that they aren’t worth arguing about; rather, they are convenient tools for making the Church and its claims look bad. To them, Neville is just a chump who can be manipulated to mock and tear down “Mormonism” and everything related to it.

—Peter Pan (Mike Parker)

(Since I know Kerry Shirts personally and that he reads this blog: Hi, Kerry; it’s been a long time. I’m sorry you’re no longer a believer in the restored gospel of Christ, but I hope you’re happy and fulfilled.)
https://www.nevillenevilleland.com/2023 ... emies.html
So does Mike Parker not want to come on Philo's show then? Is this his way of refusing an invitation that was doubtless forthcoming? I mean, surely Philo would have been welcoming and respectful to Parker just as he was to Neville. So, what gives here, Mike?
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

The La Verkin Hot Springs (also known as La Verkin Sulphur Springs, Dixie Hot Springs or Pah Tempe) is a natural spring located on the Virgin River on the boundary between Hurricane and La Verkin https://www.wcwcd.org/infrastructure/ho ... Fahrenheit
Is Parker still pretending to be a black mopologist from Alabama?
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:11 am

Strunk and White would be proud of your parody in their style - well done :)
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!