Emma's Revenge

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Emma's Revenge

Post by bill4long »

[MODERATOR NOTE: If you can't see the image, right-click on the "broken image" icon, then select "open image in new tab."]
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Moksha
God

Re: Emma's Revenge

Post by Moksha »

Can't see the image, but I was wondering: Was it Joseph or Parley P. Pratt that first suggested the Satyr as the symbol of polygamy?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Hilarious!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

If you can't see the image, right-click on the "broken image" icon, then select "open image in new tab."

It's quite hilarious, I must say.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Morley
God
Location: Raphael, Saint Catherine of Alexandria, 1507–1509 (detail)

Post by Morley »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:34 am
If you can't see the image, right-click on the "broken image" icon, then select "open image in new tab."

indeed.

Here's the link to it, if that doesn't work.

http://www.salamandersociety.com/slamto ... Joseph.jpg
Fence Sitter
2nd Counselor

Post by Fence Sitter »

There is as much evidence for this reconstruction as there is for the one in the Book of Abraham, and this one is much more entertaining.

Well done.
Fence Sitter
2nd Counselor

Post by Fence Sitter »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:34 am

Shades, maybe you could add this in red just below the OP for lazy people like me who did not bother to read the rest of the thread the first time around, when the image did not load.

Thanks
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Gawd I wish I could think like that... whoever came up with this is pure genius! :lol: :lol: :lol:
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

How many years do you think it will take before they stop including this photo and Joseph’s explanations in the quads?
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:07 pm
How many years do you think it will take before they stop including this photo and Joseph’s explanations in the quads?
They can't, and they know it. Were they to do that, it is literally eviscerating their beloved founding prophet of the Restoration. It is simpler to take the lumps with the Book of Abraham than it ever will be by getting rid of the thing. That's my supposition.