Mike Parker: The Ultimate Mopologetic Bootlick?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Re: Mike Parker: The Ultimate Mopologetic Bootlick?

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

Thanks for the replies, Dr Stak and Dr Scratch.

This is some interesting stuff to think about. As a propaganda effort, it absolutely doesn't make sense to let Meldrum off the hook and focus on the much-less famous Neville. But the psychological reasons you've both outlined do make sense. It's almost like Parker was trying to avoid the mounted knight on the battlefield and instead attack an archer.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

DrStakhanovite wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:30 pm

Mopologetics is an endeavor that has its genesis in reacting to something and any aspiring Mopologist needs a source that provides ample content for them to react to (hence the book review being the most common mode of expression). I think Mike Parker settled on Jonathan Neville because he produces a lot of content to react to, but that also didn’t attract the same level of attention and notoriety as Rod Meldrum, so he isn’t in so much direct competition with others. (Or as Midgley would have it: his betters).

He pulled it off rather well and carved himself out a niche that was getting regular praise from various quarters for his efforts. True to his Mopologetic background, he self-sabotaged and tainted his rather considerable efforts to discredit the work of Neville.
Excellent observations, DrStak!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:02 pm
What is it with pick-me wannabe Mopologists and identifying with prepubescent children? First we have Mike Parker identifying with Peter Pan on his hate blog Neville-Neville Land, Stephen Smoot identifying as himself, and now we have Christian Chowen posting as ‘Nines’ with this as his avatar:

https://disqus.com/by/christianchowen/

Weird.

- Doc
I think we have an up and coming challenger to Mike Parker’s boot licking. ‘Nines’, Christian Chowen’s moniker on Disqus, is really giving gemli the business! I recommend taking a quick look at his comments toward gemli:

The boy’s projection is so over the too I’m tempted to think his is a parody account, but alas Christian is a good and faithful servant attending the Lard’s university.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Has brother Parker made any reply to this discovery?

What happens to comments at NNL or Sic et Non requesting a comment from the mistakenly self-outed proprietor?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:03 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:02 pm
What is it with pick-me wannabe Mopologists and identifying with prepubescent children? First we have Mike Parker identifying with Peter Pan on his hate blog Neville-Neville Land, Stephen Smoot identifying as himself, and now we have Christian Chowen posting as ‘Nines’ with this as his avatar:

Weird.

- Doc
I think we have an up and coming challenger to Mike Parker’s boot licking. ‘Nines’, Christian Chowen’s moniker on Disqus, is really giving gemli the business! I recommend taking a quick look at his comments toward gemli:

The boy’s projection is so over the too I’m tempted to think his is a parody account, but alas Christian is a good and faithful servant attending the Lard’s university.

- Doc
It seems so, but they are really pushing the parody envelope with their current argument that 'plates existed.' They posted an entire list of their plate arguments, and this one especially had me flummoxed:
March 9, 2023: Given that the plates are not a magical artifact dependent on being delivered by the hand of an angel, and no amount of simply chanting that they are will make it so, I'd love to know how you support your contention that they never existed.
What? No angels? No plates delivered, so does that include no plates taken back by angels? What do they teach now in Seminary??
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Nines:
The ingenuous reader might ask, inasmuch as every printed copy of the Book of Mormon attests to the materiality of the plates and the multiplicity of witness experiences, what your sources are for claiming that there were no plates and that no witness was allowed to see them.
This is just precious. The more copies one has printed of one's fiction, the more non-fictional that fiction becomes. :roll:
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:06 pm
Nines:
The ingenuous reader might ask, inasmuch as every printed copy of the Book of Mormon attests to the materiality of the plates and the multiplicity of witness experiences, what your sources are for claiming that there were no plates and that no witness was allowed to see them.
This is just precious. The more copies one has printed of one's fiction, the more non-fictional that fiction becomes. :roll:
The dude is an endless gold mine of special pleading. I urge anyone who wants to study a person’s psychology who is stuck in the cultist mindset to click on his Disqus profile.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:03 pm

- Doc
"Evidence for the material reality of the plate"!!!

I imagine Gemli prefers to deal with a sharper apologist, but he does take time to spar with Dr. Midgley.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:36 pm
Marcus wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:06 pm

The dude is an endless gold mine of special pleading. I urge anyone who wants to study a person’s psychology who is stuck in the cultist mindset to click on his Disqus profile.

- Doc
DCP has been showering Nines with praises. He's a good boi.