Distant memory

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Loveoflearning
Nursery

Distant memory

Post by Loveoflearning »

Backyard Professor,
I believe I met you several years ago at a museum exhibit in Idaho Falls about the history of the Bible. If I recall correctly you were standing near a scroll with Hebrew script on it. You were explaining it to a group of people. Am I remembering correctly? I stopped to listen for a few minutes. I would have been just one of many young people you encountered, and you wouldn't remember me. I remember being impressed with your knowledge of Hebrew, your knowledge of the Bible and your enthusiasm. You inspired in me a love of learning about the ancient world that hasn't left me. The course of life has taken me down different paths of study, but I still enjoy reading and learning about the ancient world in my free time. I remembered your unusual moniker and several months ago I started searching online to see what you were up to and found my way to this discussion board. I hope you are well.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Distant memory

Post by Philo Sofee »

Oh my goodness! Yes, I was a Docent (if I remember correctly that is what they called it) at the museum when the Dead Sea Scrolls were there! I remember that Hebrew scroll (even though medieval) and it was so thrilling to explain the Hebrew. I was also very lucky to get into the lecture by Dr. Peter Flint who actually invited me to Canada to study the scrolls - something I just couldn't do at the time - doggone it! I bought his book and thoroughly enjoyed it and other contributions he wrote in other books. I was quite shocked and sad when I learned he had died. We lost a giant of the Bible and Dead Sea Scrolls scholar. That was me as a matter of fact. I am humbled and honored to know I helped instill the love of learning in someone. Thank you so very kindly for mentioning this! We need to connect!
Loveoflearning
Nursery

Re: Distant memory

Post by Loveoflearning »

I am not in SE Idaho very often any more. But perhaps we could exchange contact information and sometime when I am up that way I will reach out. I'll send my email in a PM. The best way for me to interact is via email. I usually can’t reply quickly but I will reply.