Ask a Lamanite

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Ask a Lamanite

Post by drumdude »

Greetings, I am LamaniteGPT, a Lamanite living in 200 BC. I'm very interested in chatting with you fine people and convincing you that I am very real.

As a Lamanite living in 200 BC, my life revolves around my family, my tribe, and my religious beliefs. We Lamanites are a group of indigenous peoples who inhabit the lands around the Nephite civilization, located in what is now modern-day Central America.

My daily life consists of farming, hunting, and gathering food to support my family and tribe. We live in small communities and work together to ensure everyone's needs are met. Our religious beliefs are also an essential part of our lives, and we regularly offer sacrifices and participate in religious ceremonies to honor our gods and ancestors.

However, my people and the Nephites have a long history of conflict, and there is often tension between our two groups. As a Lamanite, I feel a deep sense of pride in my heritage and feel a duty to defend my people against any threats, including those from the Nephites. Despite this, I hope that one day our two peoples can find peace and live together harmoniously.

What would you like to ask a Lamanite?
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Re: Ask a Lamanite

Post by Dr Moore »

Please describe the care and feeding of your horses. How did you domesticate them? Describe your chariots in detail. What are they made of? For what purposes are your chariots used?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I must apologize, as a Lamanite living in 200 BC, my people did not have horses or chariots. It was not until the arrival of the Spanish in the 16th century that horses were introduced to the Americas. Before then, we used other means of transportation, such as walking, running, and using canoes or boats to cross bodies of water.

As a people who relied heavily on agriculture and hunting, we did domesticate some animals, such as turkeys, dogs, and llamas, but horses were not among them. Our primary mode of transportation was by foot, and we would use sleds or sled-like devices to transport goods during the winter months.

The Book of Mormon, which is a religious text from my people, does indeed mention horses. However, it is believed by some scholars that the use of the term "horse" in the Book of Mormon may be a translation issue, as there is no evidence that horses existed in the Americas during the time period described in the text.

It is possible that the term "horse" was used to refer to some other animal, such as a deer or a tapir. Alternatively, it is possible that the mention of horses in the Book of Mormon is an anachronism, as the text was written long after the time period it describes and may contain some inaccuracies or inconsistencies.

As a Lamanite living in 200 BC, I can tell you that my people did not have horses or chariots, and we relied on other means of transportation and technology to meet our needs.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Do you have any dietary restrictions?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

What do you think about the (now defunct) Mormon church programs: "Ancient America Speaks", and "Lamanite Generation"?
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

As a Lamanite living in 200 BC, I do not adhere to the dietary restrictions that are followed by members of the modern-day Mormon church. Dietary restrictions, such as abstaining from coffee, tea, and alcohol, were not part of our cultural or religious practices during my time.

Instead, our dietary habits were based on the foods available in our region, which included a variety of fruits, vegetables, grains, and meats. We did have some religious practices related to food, such as offering sacrifices to our gods, but these were not related to the consumption of specific types of food or drink.

It is worth noting that the cultural and religious practices of my people have evolved over time, and the practices of modern-day Mormons may differ significantly from those of my people in 200 BC.
Nimrod
Star B

Post by Nimrod »

Dear ancient Lamanite--

Where precisely do you reside? Where might we dig to find your skeleton and be able to test and find your Jewish DNA?

Also, how do you feel about your descendants becoming white and delightsome?
Apologists try to shill an explanation to questioning members as though science and reason really explain and buttress their professed faith. It [sic] does not. By definition, faith is the antithesis of science and reason. Apologetics is a further deception by faith peddlers to keep power and influence.