Worst Mormon Movies: A Personal List

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Worst Mormon Movies: A Personal List

Post by Moksha »

Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:56 am
I really liked Brigham City and God’s Army. I think Witnesses is unfairly maligned. I enjoyed it.
How would you rate Witnesses alongside The Life of Brian?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

I tried to watch Witnesses and actually got through 20 minutes of the puffed up portrayal when the link no longer functioned. Can not bring myself to pay for the propaganda. The cinematography was excellent, however, the sugar coated story was too much.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:52 am
How would you rate Witnesses alongside The Life of Brian?
Nothing compares to the comedy genius of LoB!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
cinepro
CTR B

Post by cinepro »

"Singles 2nd Ward" is worth checking out. If I recall, it came out around the time of Richard Dutcher's disaffection, and there's a joke where they announce in Sacrament meeting "The fireside with Richard Dutcher has been postponed indefinitely..."
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

cinepro wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:38 am
"Singles 2nd Ward" is worth checking out. If I recall, it came out around the time of Richard Dutcher's disaffection, and there's a joke where they announce in Sacrament meeting "The fireside with Richard Dutcher has been postponed indefinitely..."
LOL!!!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
ghost from the past
Nursery

Post by ghost from the past »

I'm looking forward to the up and coming feature films:

Eli Roth and Quentin Tarantino's "James Cameron Pays Eight Tapirs for a Yanomami Bride" to be filmed on location in the Orinoco River basin. After his young bride beams with beauty from her new found self-respect the local chieftan feels cheated and James suffers a cannibalistic demise.

Keith Merril's "Thor Heyerdahl is the Resurrected Lehi" to be released in celebration of Jeffrey R. Holland's life after his eventual demise.

Both films are still waiting on crowdfunding.