Backyard Professor NEEDS your help! Please...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Backyard Professor NEEDS your help! Please...

Post by Philo Sofee »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:00 am
Ask him why the former FARMS contingent is dripping with venom for the Heartlanders. It's like Gondor feeling an omnipresent need to attack Arnor, and it is both amusing and frightening to view it from the Shire.
I talked to Jonathan today on the phone, we will be talking about the idiotic venom apologists are spewing for all others who do not read and interpret the Gospel as they do. He says it is entirely childish. I am get him on live with the quote! :D I almost feel diabolical... :lol:
Tom
Area Authority

Post by Tom »

You might ask him about his latest book: https://www.amazon.com/Means-Urim-Thumm ... B0BSWWNJ3H

You can read a sample of it for free on Amazon.

Bushman apparently contributed a blurb for it (did Lucas solicit the blurb?).

The SL Tribune ran a recent article about the book: https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2023/03 ... translate/
Last edited by Tom on Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:56 am
https://www.plonialmonimormon.com/2018/ ... ullet.html

My goodness isn't everyone so grand at preening themselves as to their own vehement, valiant, justified and holy righteousness compared to the vile crudeness, subjectivity, apostasy, illogical, uncouth, irreverent, irrelevant, out of context, unscholarly thinking and conclusions of all others who fail to come to their own conclusions in the comments section! Talk about a bunch of stuffed turkeys strutting and squawking! My holy Gawd what a clown show! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the link whoever gave it for me to look up (Marcus).
You're quite welcome, I knew you'd like it. 161 comments and the very first one --by peter pan himself-- includes the descriptors 'fraud,' 'cult,' 'dynamite,' 'loss of testimony,' and 'BOOM!' It could only get better after that. :lol:
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Tom wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:09 pm
The SL Tribune ran a recent article about the book: https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2023/03 ... translate/
There a Trib paywall. I dunno if I should ask for a c&p because ethics and all that. Perhaps a summary?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Tom wrote:
You might ask him about his latest book: https://www.amazon.com/Means-Urim-Thumm ... B0BSWWNJ3H

You can read a sample of it for free on Amazon.

Bushman apparently contributed a blurb for it (did Lucas solicit the blurb?).

Yes, we talked about this as well, and it will be another live session where we do a deep dive... stay tuned amigo!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:14 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:

My goodness isn't everyone so grand at preening themselves as to their own vehement, valiant, justified and holy righteousness compared to the vile crudeness, subjectivity, apostasy, illogical, uncouth, irreverent, irrelevant, out of context, unscholarly thinking and conclusions of all others who fail to come to their own conclusions in the comments section! Talk about a bunch of stuffed turkeys strutting and squawking! My holy Gawd what a clown show! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're quite welcome, I knew you'd like it. 161 comments and the very first one --by peter pan himself-- includes the descriptors 'fraud,' 'cult,' 'dynamite,' 'loss of testimony,' and 'BOOM!' It could only get better after that. :lol:
I know right? Or, in modern parlance, IKR? I mean it took me all bloody evening to read the comments! :lol: From the outside looking in, the sheer vituperative nature of the apologists attempting to persuade is a complete....I mean a literal complete turn-off. They make enemies where none are needed. On the other hand, I suspect the deep, the dark underlying psychological terror in Smoot of his bukkake schemes and coming out as being bi-sexual make him imagine he HAS NO CHOICE but to attack, attack, and attack with vehemence those who oppose the Mesoamerican geography because Smoot KNOWS, oh does he KNOW... how absolutely vicious, non-ending, and downright unChristlike the apologists of the FARMS type can smear, sneer, and excoriate against one who not only doesn't agree with their conclusions, but ALSO with their preferred sexuality and preference, which of course, echo the Brethren, while Smoot does not, not really. He knows (I suspect) or at least internally believes deep down, he could not survive the nuclear war they would bring down on his poor head if he EVER disagreed with them. And so we have him being totally over the top vehement against others who are not his own personal enemy, in order to protect himself.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Marcus wrote:
Philo Sofee wrote:

That type of intellectual vocabulary depth requires, at the very least, a Master's degree in English doesn't it? :lol:
Tom
Area Authority

Post by Tom »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:46 pm
Tom wrote:
There a Trib paywall. I dunno if I should ask for a c&p because ethics and all that. Perhaps a summary?

- Doc
Can you access it using the reader view (Safari) on your phone?
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:12 am
Marcus wrote:

That type of intellectual vocabulary depth requires, at the very least, a Master's degree in English doesn't it? :lol:
:lol: Seriously. And maybe even a continuing education certificate in bombastery. Those guys are nuts.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Tom wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:24 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:46 pm

- Doc
Can you access it using the reader view (Safari) on your phone?
Nah, it’s ok. I opened the link to the Amazon preview and could only make it to 28% finished. I think I’m just over all the wondering about how the scam went down and then reading the apologetic. I’ve settled on, “It was a group project and they plagiarized whatever they could get their hands on that they could make fit into their for-profit novel.”

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.