Mike Parker Undermines the Classic “How could he have known?” Argument

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Mike Parker Undermines the Classic “How could he have known?” Argument

Post by Marcus »

Parker, captioning a photo, wrote:This is totally normal and not at all weird.
I nominate this for the 2023 Mopologist Motto. Can't you just see this phrase headlining Dr. Scratch's Top 10 of the Year post?

Eta: DCP deserves honorable mention for responding to gemli with the phrase:
"booga booga woo woo!"
multiple times in the last couple of days. What a scholar.
Last edited by Marcus on Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I feel like I’m watching two factions argue over who’s more powerful, Gandalf or the Balrog. It’s the craziest crap to watch adults fight over their imaginations and which imagination is “totally normal and not at all weird.”

Also, “Nines” is a real piece of work. He’s like the genetically spliced love child of Kiwi, Midgley, and CPT Hook, a.k.a. Smoot. Lots of raged and pent up anger.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Parker is so fixated on hurting Jonathan Neville that he's forgotten what it means to be a disciple of Christ.
That's a huge assumption that he ever has been one...
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

It wouldn’t be that hard for him to start trying to patch things up. But that just not how the Mopologists operate.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:28 pm
It wouldn’t be that hard for him to start trying to patch things up. But that just not how the Mopologists operate.
Yeah, I'm afraid you have your finger on their pulse all right. But we will continue the good work of pressuring them Mormons to become Christlike anyway. Ironic isn't it? Supposed "Apostates" helping Mormons find Christ?
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

The blog entry is actually titled “Scholarship vs. activism.” Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this coming from somebody (I.e., Parker), who does not even have a *bachelor’s degree*?? And he’s got the chutzpah to weigh in on whether or not another Latter-day Saint is doing legitimate “scholarship”?
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:54 am
The blog entry is actually titled “Scholarship vs. activism.” Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this coming from somebody (I.e., Parker), who does not even have a *bachelor’s degree*?? And he’s got the chutzpah to weigh in on whether or not another Latter-day Saint is doing legitimate “scholarship”?
:lol:
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
The Mopologists are fine with people without academic backgrounds.

I mean, they wouldn't call Parker "butthead", or anything like that, right?
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

malkie wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:32 am
Doctor Scratch wrote:

He’s a professor. He teaches adult Sunday school in Hurricane.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:06 am
malkie wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:32 am

He’s a professor. He teaches adult Sunday school in Hurricane.
I must have been misinformed. I assumed that I could trust FAIR for Parker's creds:
FAIR wrote:Mike Parker is a business and marketing analyst with twenty years’ experience in the financial services industry. He is a returning student currently pursuing a BS in Business Finance from Dixie State University in St. George, Utah. He also has eight years’ experience in corporate training, and currently teaches an adult religion class in the Hurricane, Utah, area. Mike and his wife, Denise, have three children.
http://www.fairlatterdaysaints.org/authors/parker-mike
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!