Mopology vs Scientology's Squirrel Busters

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Mopology vs Scientology's Squirrel Busters

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Mormonism and Scientology have much in common. Besides being among the most disliked religions, they are both very secretive, both viewed as cults and both have hoarded massive amounts of money. In my opinion, the most interesting similarity Scientology and Mormonism share is the way they attack perceived threats.

Mopologists are notorious for attacking perceived enemies both in and out of the church. Mopology is all about hit pieces, creating secret files, stalking, trying to destroy careers and creating websites/blogs to attack.

Scientology also has its version of mopology called the Squirrel Busters. The Squirrel Busters also write hit pieces, stalk, keep files, try to destroy careers and create websites/blogs to attack their perceived enemies.

Here are a couple of videos showing the Squirrel Busters harassing and stalking a recent ex-Scientologist at his home and at the airport (just like Louis Midgely stalked Gina Colvin and confronted Sandra Tanner):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM2SanSKk9c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG70fhg0wL4

Here is more information about the Squirrel Busters:
https://www.culteducation.com/group/128 ... ctors.html

If I recall correctly, Bill Hamblin once expressed admiration for the way Scientology handled its critics. It makes me wonder if mopology has its roots in Scientology? It's not like the mopologists had any problem stealing the 2 Cumorah Theory from the RLDS. Maybe moplogy stole its tactics from the Squirrel Busters.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Re: Mopology vs Scientology's Squirrel Busters

Post by drumdude »

“Bill Hamblin” wrote: It would be rather amusing, however, if Greg Smith chose to pursue legal action. I bet he could find a pro bono lawyer to take the case."

I'll bet he could. Meet his father in law, Robert White

"If nothing else, we could unmask Scratch's real identity in discovery."

That would, I admit, be amusing.
And it would put an end to his cowardly anonymous slander, even if it didn't actually make him a decent person.

Greg Smith's father in law is, by the way, also a member of the Utah State Bar, and the author of, among other legal treatises, The Art of Discovery.

If it goes that direction, I'll bring the popcorn.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

drumdude wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:19 am
“Bill Hamblin” wrote: It would be rather amusing, however, if Greg Smith chose to pursue legal action. I bet he could find a pro bono lawyer to take the case."

I'll bet he could. Meet his father in law, Robert White

"If nothing else, we could unmask Scratch's real identity in discovery."

That would, I admit, be amusing.
And it would put an end to his cowardly anonymous slander, even if it didn't actually make him a decent person.

Greg Smith's father in law is, by the way, also a member of the Utah State Bar, and the author of, among other legal treatises, The Art of Discovery.

If it goes that direction, I'll bring the popcorn.

Wow! I'm sure that most people would love to join the church after reading this. What a great example of the fruits of Mormonism.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:32 am
Wow! I'm sure that most people would love to join the church after reading this. What a great example of the fruits of Mormonism.
People love an East German flavor to their church. They love a church that spies on them, sues them, tries to bankruptcy them, you know, to ensure they don't succumb to weakness.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

I attended an apologetic conference in the early 2000’s. I can’t remember, but it may have been an Evangelical Ministries to New Religions conference. Cathy Normon, Office of Special Affairs, Church of Scientology was in attendance. From what I understand, attending such events was what she did/does for CoS. I asked a local apologist about her a couple of weeks ago, and he told me that once she came to an apologetic conference, and the apologist told her, “Cathy, Scientology isn’t on the conference agenda for this conference.”

I attended another one where Karen Pressley, author of Escaping Scientology: An Insiders True Story, was a speaker. This was just before her book was to be released. Some kind of small scuffle broke out, but was quickly resolved.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7