Backyard Professor Hosts Jonathan Neville - Heartland Geography of the Book of Mormon

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Backyard Professor Hosts Jonathan Neville - Heartland Geography of the Book of Mormon

Post by Philo Sofee »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w65qupDVbmM

You are all cordially invited to attend the live session with Jonathan Neville, scholar of the Heartland Geography of the Book of Mormon, with the Hill Cumorah located in New York, as Joseph Smith stated on Sunday, March 26, 2023 at 6 p.m. Mountain time in the United States. I will have Steve Pynnaker as Co-host, who runs the popular Mormon Book Review blogs and videos.
Come and see why the Mesoamerican geography model is no longer the valid model for Book of Mormon geography as it was touted for the last 40 years.
Shulem
God

Re: Backyard Professor Hosts Jonathan Neville - Heartland Geography of the Book of Mormon

Post by Shulem »

The Heartlanders are 100% right about the Land of Promise being located within the physical boundary of the United States of America. That is exactly what Joseph Smith had in mind when describing the Promised Land and everything associated with it at Delmarva.

To hell with the Banana Republics!

To hell with Mesoamerican freaks!

To hell with Panama!

To hell with the Pratts!

F-you, Daniel C. Peterson, you fat SOB!

F-you FARMS!

:evil:
drumdude
God

Re: Backyard Professor Hosts Jonathan Neville - Heartland Geography of the Book of Mormon

Post by drumdude »

I assume someone from Interpreter will be present to represent the Mesoamerican position? :lol:
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

drumdude wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:51 pm
I assume someone from Interpreter will be present to represent the Mesoamerican position? :lol:
I guarantee Smoot, Parker and DCP will be lurking.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:13 pm
drumdude wrote:
I will have an invitation for them to come on the show and share their point of view...
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:19 pm
The Heartlanders are 100% right about the Land of Promise being located within the physical boundary of the United States of America. That is exactly what Joseph Smith had in mind when describing the Promised Land and everything associated with it at Delmarva.

To hell with the Banana Republics!

To hell with Mesoamerican freaks!

To hell with Panama!

To hell with the Pratts!

F-you, Daniel C. Peterson, you fat SOB!

F-you FARMS!

:evil:
I am going to bring you up to the candy-asses at Interpreter and if they think they know how to man handle folks, I am sending Shulem their way. We may be getting into Delmarva sooner than we imagined, and taking on the frumps and wienies from Interpreter. I think Mike Parker and Steve Smoot, and perhaps Robert Boylan is gonna take ya on. Are YOU man enough for three of them Shulem?!?
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

drumdude wrote:
They swill snark their way through it without showing up because, of course, they are right after all, just ask em! They won't dare show up and share their view, even though I will give them their voice, and let them have their say. That is what my channel is about after all. I find it remarkable and remarkably childish that Steve Pynakker gets threatened for having Jonathan Neville on his show. If I get threatened I am unleashing the Shulem on them all! Those pansy asses at Interpreter or Book of Mormon Central won't last 2 rounds with Shulem. You heard it here first.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

It’d be great to get the two sides sitting and discussing civilly one with the other. BYP fostering that type of dialogue would be one enormous “W”, if you me.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Tom
Area Authority

Post by Tom »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:28 pm

I will have an invitation for them to come on the show and share their point of view...
I’d like to see Parker and Richard Nygren on the same show.
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

drumdude wrote:
CPT Hook, Peter Pan, and Tick Tock?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.