Backyard Professor Hosts Jonathan Neville - Heartland Geography of the Book of Mormon

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: Backyard Professor Hosts Jonathan Neville - Heartland Geography of the Book of Mormon

Post by Shulem »

Zosimus wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:23 am
At what point do you think he lost confidence that there would be evidence of his story in Delmarva?

You just don't get it, do you? Smith never lost what he never had. He was never at anytime confident that there were ruins to support his story. It was all a lie.
Zosimus
Star B

Re: Backyard Professor Hosts Jonathan Neville - Heartland Geography of the Book of Mormon

Post by Zosimus »

Shulem wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:05 am
I do NOT live by every word that proceeds out of Smith ass. The man blew constant chunks out of his behind and so many lies that it would be nearly impossible except for God to count them all.

Would you please, just wake up?
Did Smith, or anybody involved in the production of the Book of Mormon, or anybody that ever spoke with anybody involved in the production of the Book of Mormon, ever mention anything at all related to the Delmarva Peninsula?

I ask, because Delmarva fits the Book of Mormon geography about as well as New Jersey, or that peninsula looking shape south of Washington DC, or that narrow neck called Newport News. Or Florida. Or Long Island if Joseph had turned the map on its side and then took the secret to his grave.

So rather than just take your word for it, I'm asking if there's any other geographical features in Delmarva that line up with the Book of Mormon text. Because Delmarva having the general shape of a peninsula is not enough to demonstrate that Joseph Smith had ever once thought about Delmarva when he was working on his translation.

I'm only asking the same questions you'd get if you were to go tete a tete with the Heartlander or the Mesoamerican modelers. I'm not being any more critical with your model than I am with another, or my own. I have to do the same with Malay. I don't expect anyone to just go along with it simply because Comoro and Rajah Maroni. I have to connect the real-world geography and terms to 1828 Palmyra and demonstrate how Joseph and Martin would have encountered them through Samuel Mitchell's Malay Moundbuilder hypothesis. In other words, I can't just say Joseph was lifting shapes off a map of the Indian Ocean, and then kept it all a secret. I'd need to support the claim by showing that Martin Harris had been told that the caractors on the Anthon Transcript were Malay, the product of a nation that fought a battle of extinction 40 miles from Palmyra, as hypothesized by Samuel Mitchell before the translation work began.
Zosimus
Star B

Post by Zosimus »

Shulem wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:12 am
You just don't get it, do you?
Don't confuse disagreement with ignorance. I disagree with you. Chill out
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Zosimus wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:03 am
Shulem wrote:
It’s just how shulem is. Don’t take it personally.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Zosimus wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:53 am
Did Smith, or anybody involved in the production of the Book of Mormon, or anybody that ever spoke with anybody involved in the production of the Book of Mormon, ever mention anything at all related to the Delmarva Peninsula?

To my knowledge, Smith never mentioned his SECRET to anyone but kept it entirely to himself.

Zosimus wrote:
I ask, because Delmarva fits the Book of Mormon geography about as well as New Jersey, or that peninsula looking shape south of Washington DC, or that narrow neck called Newport News. Or Florida. Or Long Island if Joseph had turned the map on its side and then took the secret to his grave.

Your assessment and visualization for the landforms mentioned above do not compare with that of the peninsula described in the Book of Mormon which I have taken great pains to physically describe and disclosed that information in my (3) threads which I referred to earlier. Thus, your statement is not valid, Z. It's invalid, irrational, and illogical. A mechanic doesn't turn bolts that way. An electrician doesn't complete a circuit that way.

Zosimus wrote:
So rather than just take your word for it, I'm asking if there's any other geographical features in Delmarva that line up with the Book of Mormon text. Because Delmarva having the general shape of a peninsula is not enough to demonstrate that Joseph Smith had ever once thought about Delmarva when he was working on his translation.

I'm going to tell you the same thing I repeatedly told MG. "Read the threads."

Joseph Smith contemplated and imagined the boy Mormon saddling up and riding out of the peninsula through the narrow neck and into the land northward towards Cumorah. The east coast peninsula (land of Nephi) is absolutely within striking distance of Cumorah. That is what Smith saw and that is exactly what he described. Read the threads!

There are others who have found the material presented therein as logical and very reasonable in putting things together.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Zosimus wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:03 am
Shulem wrote:

It's not that you disagree with me that irks me. It's okay to disagree. I get that. It's that you're not understanding or comprehending what I've spent hours and hours trying to explain -- or you're simply playing Ring Around the Rosie and trying to pull my chain.
Zosimus
Star B

Post by Zosimus »

Shulem wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:26 pm
It's not that you disagree with me that irks me. It's okay to disagree. I get that. It's that you're not understanding or comprehending what I've spent hours and hours trying to explain -- or you're simply playing Ring Around the Rosie and trying to pull my chain.
I've read your threads and I haven't found you mention anything more than the peninsular shape and why the river runs south instead of north and an attempt to put Zarahemla across the river from the Land of Nephi. I also checked out your map where you'd dropped a bunch of Book of Mormon city names, with no seeming correlation to anything in Delmarva.

Since we'd already discussed all of the above months ago (maybe you forgot our previous discussions in the same threads you say I haven't read) .. ah nevermind

gotta agree, it does feel like circles. So I'll switch to read-only mode again