Faith Not to Be Healed and Inspired to Take the Wrong Road

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Nimrod
Star B

Faith Not to Be Healed and Inspired to Take the Wrong Road

Post by Nimrod »

Bednar's admonishing a blessee to have the faith not to be healed? Does that mean that every human that dies--all of us eventually--will need faith not to be healed so that we die? If I never develop that faith, does this mean I will live in mortality forever? (Snark alert: is that why vampires never die?)

Jeffrey Holland's inspiration to take the wrong road when returning with his son from the Grand Canyon. At the fork in the road, unsure which one to take Holland and his son prayed. According to Matthew H., "After we both said amen, Dad turned and asked me what I thought we should do. I answered and said, “All during the prayer, I just kept feeling, ‘Go to the left.’” Dad responded, “I had the exact same impression.” We had traveled only about 10 minutes when our road came to a sudden dead-end. My father promptly whipped the truck around, roared back to that fork in the path, and started down the road to the right. I asked, “Dad, why did we both feel like Heavenly Father told us to go down the road to the left when it was the wrong road?” My dad said, “Matty, I’ve been thinking and silently praying about that same thing all the way home, because I really did feel a very distinct impression to take the road to the left.” He continued, “The Lord has taught us an important lesson today. Because we were prompted to take the road to the left, we quickly discovered which one was the right one. * * * If we had started on the right road, we might have driven for 30 minutes or so, become uneasy with the unfamiliar surroundings, and been tempted to turn back. If we had done that, we would have discovered the dead-end so late that it would have been too dark to find our way back in totally unfamiliar territory.” Praying at the fork to know the correct road to take, both were told the wrong one, so that after realizing it, going back to the fork and taking the right one would put their minds at rest even while traversing unfamiliar surroundings.

Whew. My mind is spinning, but I nevertheless have to call out both of these as B.S. The spin of the charlatans that cannot deliver what they promise.

Second snark alert: Isn't it marvelous? Isn't it a wonder?
Apologists try to shill an explanation to questioning members as though science and reason really explain and buttress their professed faith. It [sic] does not. By definition, faith is the antithesis of science and reason. Apologetics is a further deception by faith peddlers to keep power and influence.
Rivendale
God

Re: Faith Not to Be Healed and Inspired to Take the Wrong Road

Post by Rivendale »

Nimrod wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:39 pm
Bednar's admonishing a blessee to have the faith not to be healed? Does that mean that every human that dies--all of us eventually--will need faith not to be healed so that we die? If I never develop that faith, does this mean I will live in mortality forever? (Snark alert: is that why vampires never die?)

Jeffrey Holland's inspiration to take the wrong road when returning with his son from the Grand Canyon. At the fork in the road, unsure which one to take Holland and his son prayed. According to Matthew H., "After we both said amen, Dad turned and asked me what I thought we should do. I answered and said, “All during the prayer, I just kept feeling, ‘Go to the left.’” Dad responded, “I had the exact same impression.” We had traveled only about 10 minutes when our road came to a sudden dead-end. My father promptly whipped the truck around, roared back to that fork in the path, and started down the road to the right. I asked, “Dad, why did we both feel like Heavenly Father told us to go down the road to the left when it was the wrong road?” My dad said, “Matty, I’ve been thinking and silently praying about that same thing all the way home, because I really did feel a very distinct impression to take the road to the left.” He continued, “The Lord has taught us an important lesson today. Because we were prompted to take the road to the left, we quickly discovered which one was the right one. * * * If we had started on the right road, we might have driven for 30 minutes or so, become uneasy with the unfamiliar surroundings, and been tempted to turn back. If we had done that, we would have discovered the dead-end so late that it would have been too dark to find our way back in totally unfamiliar territory.” Praying at the fork to know the correct road to take, both were told the wrong one, so that after realizing it, going back to the fork and taking the right one would put their minds at rest even while traversing unfamiliar surroundings.

Whew. My mind is spinning, but I nevertheless have to call out both of these as B.S. The spin of the charlatans that cannot deliver what they promise.

Second snark alert: Isn't it marvelous? Isn't it a wonder?
The holy ghost actually gives wrong information so you can get the right information quicker. The effort put into to rationalization conflicting results is amazing. Harold Camping's followers only dug in deeper when his prophecies failed. The myriad of Loki like ghosts surrounding humanity must be amazing to behold.
Last edited by Rivendale on Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nimrod
Star B

Post by Nimrod »

Did those in the City of Enoch lack the requisite faith to not be healed so that they could die, and therefore they had to be translated to heaven instead of dying?

How about Cain, John the Beloved, the Three Nephites? All and each of them lacking sufficient faith to not be healed so they can't die?
Apologists try to shill an explanation to questioning members as though science and reason really explain and buttress their professed faith. It [sic] does not. By definition, faith is the antithesis of science and reason. Apologetics is a further deception by faith peddlers to keep power and influence.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

I have faith in not having faith so that will build my faith... see? This stuff really works! :lol: