No Specific Temple Content Allowed...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Nimrod
Star B

No Specific Temple Content Allowed...

Post by Nimrod »

here (Terrestrial Forum) and the Celestial Forum.

These Board rules likely have their origin dating back to 2009. However, are they yet appropriate in light of the fact that the LDS church itself has unveiled on its website a boatload of specific temple content? https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/tem ... t?lang=eng
Apologists try to shill an explanation to questioning members as though science and reason really explain and buttress their professed faith. It [sic] does not. By definition, faith is the antithesis of science and reason. Apologetics is a further deception by faith peddlers to keep power and influence.
Kishkumen
God

Re: No Specific Temple Content Allowed...

Post by Kishkumen »

Yes. The stuff that I thought was out of bounds was things like references to and images of the specific ritual content. I don't see much on this LDS website about those aspects.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Nimrod
Star B

Post by Nimrod »

I would have considered the five laws that must be covenanted to in the temple to be specific temple content, but there they are in black and white for all to see on the church's website.

Are they fair game for posting about here since the LDS church itself has unveiled them to the public?
Apologists try to shill an explanation to questioning members as though science and reason really explain and buttress their professed faith. It [sic] does not. By definition, faith is the antithesis of science and reason. Apologetics is a further deception by faith peddlers to keep power and influence.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

That is for the mods to decide. I would say that anything on that page should be fair game.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I erred on the side of caution and posted the latest leaked temple video in the lower level.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

drumdude wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:03 pm
I erred on the side of caution and posted the latest leaked temple video in the lower level.
That is where such things belong—still.