Quantum mechanics supports the Resurrection of Jesus Christ

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Quantum mechanics supports the Resurrection of Jesus Christ

Post by Dr. Shades »

Brookside, every statement in your opening post is wildly false.
Brookside wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:02 pm
Quantum mechanics supports the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
No it doesn't. Not by a longshot. The two are entirely unrelated.
The logic of quantum mechanics predicts the reality of the Resurrection, akin to quantum tunneling.
No it doesn't. You may as well say that the logic of quantum mechanics predicts the reality of Gandalf's defeat of the Balrog.

From Conservapedia.com > https://www.conservapedia.com/Quantum_mechanics
Conservapedia.com wrote:The order created by God is on a foundation of uncertainty. The Book of Genesis explains that the world was an abyss of chaos at the moment of creation.
IT ABSOLUTELY DOES NO SUCH THING! If you disagree, please cite the specific verse(s) where it explains "that the world was an abyss of chaos at the moment of creation."
Quantum mechanics is predicted by Biblical scientific foreknowledge.
There's no such things as "Biblical scientific foreknowledge."
The Parable of the Sower (Matthew 13:1-9 ) also embodies the uncertainty of quantum mechanics.
No it doesn't. It simply reaffirms the effects of random chance on superatomic structures, if anything.
The Parable of the Weeds illustrates the ostensible uncertainty of nature as perceived by mankind, see Matthew 13:24-30.
No it doesn't.
The Calming of the Storm demonstrates how observation tames chaos, see Matthew 8:23-27, Mark 4:35-41, and Luke 8:22-25.
No it doesn't. It simply retells a miracle that Jesus supposedly performed. If it did what you quote your source as saying, then anyone could calm a storm through observation.
Several parables in the Bible foreshadow the insight of quantum entanglement about paired photons having opposite spin, by contrasting two men in their relationship with God. The Prodigal Son contrasts two brothers, two churchgoers are contrasted in Luke 18:9–14 , and two brothers are further contrasted in Luke 21:28-31 ."
None of those things "foreshadow the insight of quantum entanglement about paired photons having opposite spin." You may as well say that those parables in the Bible foreshadow the rivalry between Pepsi and Coca-Cola.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shades

None of those things "foreshadow the insight of quantum entanglement about paired photons having opposite spin." You may as well say that those parables in the Bible foreshadow the rivalry between Pepsi and Coca-Cola.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

What you miss Shades is that this could very well be biblical foreshadowings of Starsky and Hutch...
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

They are trying to out-Deepak the infamous Quantum guru Mr. Chopra!
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I think I’m having trouble following the logic. Are you suggesting the Heisenberg uncertainty principle is somehow related to the reanimation of JC? Further, I supposed you’d have to illustrate how all these different fields that layer on top of one another, the photon field on top of a gluon field on top of a boson field on top of a quark field on top of an electron field would mesh together to produce a reanimation of material that has disentangled itself (death?) to essentially restart not only animation, but to achieve a higher ordered material form that’s resistant to disentanglement (decay?).

In other words, there has to be some sort of theory that ties all these interactions together other than simply calling it ‘quantum’.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:24 pm
I think I’m having trouble following the logic. Are you suggesting the Heisenberg uncertainty principle is somehow related to the reanimation of JC? Further, I supposed you’d have to illustrate how all these different fields that layer on top of one another, the photon field on top of a gluon field on top of a boson field on top of a quark field on top of an electron field would mesh together to produce a reanimation of material that has disentangled itself (death?) to essentially restart not only animation, but to achieve a higher ordered material form that’s resistant to disentanglement (decay?).

In other words, there has to be some sort of theory that ties all these interactions together other than simply calling it ‘quantum’.

- Doc
Yes, simply calling it ‘quantum’ is not good enough. It's called 'Quantum Goddidit Dynamics', sidekick to QED and QCD.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

malkie wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:45 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:24 pm

- Doc
Yes, simply calling it ‘quantum’ is not good enough. It's called 'Quantum Goddidit Dynamics', sidekick to QED and QCD.
This line of thinking, which Dan Peterson has engaging in with growing frequency, is an attempt to invert Arthur C. Clarke's idea that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

They are trying to create uncertainty around the possibility that scientific truth exists at all in order to equate their laughable fundamentalist beliefs with it. "There's uncertainty about quantum physics, just like we don't know for sure where the Book of Mormon was situated in real life. Therefore, both ideas are true."
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Alphus and Omegus wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:54 pm
malkie wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:45 pm

This line of thinking, which Dan Peterson has engaging in with growing frequency, is an attempt to invert Arthur C. Clarke's idea that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

They are trying to create uncertainty around the possibility that scientific truth exists at all in order to equate their laughable fundamentalist beliefs with it. "There's uncertainty about quantum physics, just like we don't know for sure where the Book of Mormon was situated in real life. Therefore, both ideas are true."
Sounds about right, but I think you forgot to explicitly invoke Heisenberg in your second para, and so missed an opportunity to do some name dropping, as well as an appeal to authority.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Brookside wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:02 pm
Quantum mechanics supports the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Also, like, there’s ~300,000,000,000 stars in this galaxy alone, and something like ~2,000,000,000,000 galaxies in the observable universe. The universe doesn’t care if you believe in a radical Jewish rabbi, Brookside. It was here long before homo sapiens invented gods and unicorns, and it’ll be here long after the notion of Quantum Jesus flashes in the pan of your consciousness.

My advice?

Do what you want. Stop worrying about death cults and eternal consequences because you broke an arbitrary rule. You’re fine, and then you’ll be dead. Go for a walk, and have that extra scoop of ice cream.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.