Quantum mechanics supports the Resurrection of Jesus Christ

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Brookside
Nursery

Re: Quantum mechanics supports the Resurrection of Jesus Christ

Post by Brookside »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:44 pm
Brookside wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:02 pm
Quantum mechanics supports the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
The logic of quantum mechanics predicts the reality of the Resurrection, akin to quantum tunneling.

From Conservapedia.com > https://www.conservapedia.com/Quantum_mechanics
I............... uhhhhhhh...........well.......no. But Interpreter will publish this! If you go to them real nice like, and find a way to incorporate oh say 115 extra footnotes (they honestly don't have to have anything to do with the subject really), then yer in the game......
Your sarcasm is duly noted.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

This is some grade A trolling here
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Brookside wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:59 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:44 pm

I............... uhhhhhhh...........well.......no. But Interpreter will publish this! If you go to them real nice like, and find a way to incorporate oh say 115 extra footnotes (they honestly don't have to have anything to do with the subject really), then yer in the game......
Your sarcasm is duly noted.
Yeah, sorry, I overdid it again didn't I........sigh. I'll work on that.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Alphus and Omegus wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:47 am
This is some grade A trolling here
Only for reality based minds, though.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Jesus rose from death. what does this have to do with quantum mechanics?

Absolutely nothing.
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

What conservapedia says about quantum mechanics is mostly gibberish, I'm afraid. Most of its little section on the early history of the subject is okay, but the rest is full of bizarre howlers. A few statements are technically correct, but even these are expressed in unfortunate ways that would tend to give wrong impressions to readers who didn't already understand the point. That gives the impression that the author(s) of the article didn't actually understand even the things they got right.

Overall it looks as though somebody has just regurgitated some introductions to QM for lay people. From the way certain points are repeated in inconsistent ways, it looks as though the author(s) consulted more than one source, and reconciled apparent discrepancies between them by naïvely guessing at what the sources could have meant.

The article makes me think of chatbot texts. It's not as good as what I would expect from a current chatbot, however. I'm pretty sure that a decent chatbot would give a better impression of understanding because it would have pastiched from better sources.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
ghost from the past
Nursery

Post by ghost from the past »

Brookside wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:02 pm
Quantum mechanics supports the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
The logic of quantum mechanics predicts the reality of the Resurrection, akin to quantum tunneling.

From Conservapedia.com > https://www.conservapedia.com/Quantum_mechanics
Conservapedia.com wrote:The order created by God is on a foundation of uncertainty. The Book of Genesis explains that the world was an abyss of chaos at the moment of creation. Quantum mechanics is predicted by Biblical scientific foreknowledge. The Parable of the Sower (Matthew 13:1-9 ) also embodies the uncertainty of quantum mechanics. The Parable of the Weeds illustrates the ostensible uncertainty of nature as perceived by mankind, see Matthew 13:24-30 . The Calming of the Storm demonstrates how observation tames chaos, see Matthew 8:23-27 , Mark 4:35-41 , and Luke 8:22-25 .

Several parables in the Bible foreshadow the insight of quantum entanglement about paired photons having opposite spin, by contrasting two men in their relationship with God. The Prodigal Son contrasts two brothers, two churchgoers are contrasted in Luke 18:9–14 , and two brothers are further contrasted in Luke 21:28-31 ."
I guess great things come in small packages? /sarc

Reminds me of the moment that serious doubt about the truth claims of the church first entered my mind when a ward member tried supporting my questioning faith with the idea that polonium halos were evidence of a young earth.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Jesus could have just quantum-tunneled out of the tomb!
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

malkie wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:09 pm
Jesus could have just quantum-tunneled out of the tomb!
... and then taught that trick to Schrödinger's cat, after which they all lived/died/tunneled happily ever after.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

In the Conservapedia entry under Archeology, is there any mention of Louis Midgley or a Louis Midgley Formation found in any sedimentary layer?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace