The Backyard Professor Hosts Rebecca & Landon of Mormon-ish on BRAND NEW Church essay on Church Financials

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

The Backyard Professor Hosts Rebecca & Landon of Mormon-ish on BRAND NEW Church essay on Church Financials

Post by Philo Sofee »

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5n_8_ ... ju0hu2CFXQ

You are all cordially invited to attend our discussion this Sunday, April 2nd, 6 p.m. Mountain time in the USA on the brand new church essay on church financials written after their SEC fine! It's going to knock yer socks off. Come and enjoy an interesting educational evening after the boredom of General Conference. We'll get it done!
drumdude
God

Re: The Backyard Professor Hosts Rebecca & Landon of Mormon-ish on BRAND NEW Church essay on Church Financials

Post by drumdude »

In 2019, Church President Russell M. Nelson directed the merger of the Corporation of the Presiding Bishop and the Corporation of the President, and the resulting corporation was renamed The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.20 That same year, the First Presidency reiterated their commitment to using sacred Church funds wisely: “We take seriously the responsibility to care for the tithes and donations received from members. The vast majority of these funds are used immediately to meet the needs of the growing Church including more meetinghouses, temples, education, humanitarian work and missionary efforts throughout the world.”
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... s?lang=eng

You’d think if they could claim that well over half of all tithing is used immediately, that they would just publicly release their finances.

What is there to hide?
malkie
God

Re: The Backyard Professor Hosts Rebecca & Landon of Mormon-ish on BRAND NEW Church essay on Church Financials

Post by malkie »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:52 am
In 2019, Church President Russell M. Nelson directed the merger of the Corporation of the Presiding Bishop and the Corporation of the President, and the resulting corporation was renamed The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.20 That same year, the First Presidency reiterated their commitment to using sacred Church funds wisely: “We take seriously the responsibility to care for the tithes and donations received from members. The vast majority of these funds are used immediately to meet the needs of the growing Church including more meetinghouses, temples, education, humanitarian work and missionary efforts throughout the world.”
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... s?lang=eng

You’d think if they could claim that well over half of all tithing is used immediately, that they would just publicly release their finances.

What is there to hide?
You know when critics say that the church is a corporation, and defenders deny it?
... the merger of the Corporation of the Presiding Bishop and the Corporation of the President, and the resulting corporation was renamed The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. ...
Well, I'm glad they got the capitalization correct, otherwise Shulem would be upset :)
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Just a reminder for tonight. We have been going through the slides and information, and this is going to ROCK.. I am very interested and excited to see this new analysis and an overall historical context I have not quite seen so starkly presented before. I see great significance here. So I hope you all will enjoy being with us, these two have put an astonishing amount of work into this. From Joseph Smith onwards right up to this brand new church essay on financials, the brethren have been, to very mildly put it, far less than honest in obeying the law, and this is documented tonight for the last literal 200 years. I am amazed at how they show this. I am very excited for this one.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:47 pm
Just a reminder for tonight. We have been going through the slides and information, and this is going to ROCK.. I am very interested and excited to see this new analysis and an overall historical context I have not quite seen so starkly presented before. I see great significance here. So I hope you all will enjoy being with us, these two have put an astonishing amount of work into this. From Joseph Smith onwards right up to this brand new church essay on financials, the brethren have been, to very mildly put it, far less than honest in obeying the law, and this is documented tonight for the last literal 200 years. I am amazed at how they show this. I am very excited for this one.
This will be a great one, I can already tell. Good luck and have a great show!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:23 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:47 pm
This will be a great one, I can already tell. Good luck and have a great show!
I believe it will. Landon's research is just spectacular! I am deeply impressed with this guy. And, of course, Rebecca is just always so spot on practical in her ideas and how the contradictions within Mormonism keeps cropping up, and they just can't seem to throw her off their trail no matter what they come up with.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Philo, on behalf of 'ruined virtuous women everywhere,' ( :lol: :lol: :lol: ) that was awesome! They were great guests and you all had a great camaraderie. Well done. I learned SO much about early finances, not to mention the criminal backgrounds of virtually every lds church president. :shock:

Thank you!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:19 am
Philo, on behalf of 'ruined virtuous women everywhere,' ( :lol: :lol: :lol: ) that was awesome! They were great guests and you all had a great camaraderie. Well done. I learned SO much about early finances, not to mention the criminal backgrounds of virtually every lds church president. :shock:

Thank you!
I know RIGHT?! You are more than welcome! Thanks for watching and sharing in this information feast.