Backyard Professor Responds to John Dehlin of Mormon Stories

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Backyard Professor Responds to John Dehlin of Mormon Stories

Post by Philo Sofee »

msnobody
First Presidency

Re: Backyard Professor Responds to John Dehlin of Mormon Stories

Post by msnobody »

Excellent presentation, Philo.

Two things especially came to my mind.

The Lord holds extra accountable those who teach and oversee. I would think this same accountability would carry over to those who choose to be defenders of the church. Of utmost importance, the eternal destiny of persons is at stake. Although each and every individual will give account to God. God will hold accountable those who teach contrary to the gospel of Christ.

On the other hand, the praise of men can have such a stronghold on a person, and I do believe that people can be blinded to truth.

It’s my prayer that TCOJCLDS would follow along the same path as The Worldwide Church of God. It can only be a work of God and a change of heart.

I’m going to add a third thing. You mentioned something to the effect of having spent so many years in the church.

From Joel chapter 2:

I will restore to you the years
that the swarming locust has eaten,
the hopper, the destroyer, and the cutter,
my great army, which I sent among you.
“You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied,
and praise the name of the LORD your God,
who has dealt wondrously with you.
And my people shall never again be put to shame.
You shall know that I am in the midst of Israel,
and that I am the LORD your God and there is none else.
And my people shall never again be put to shame.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7