Mike Parker's Dishonesty

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Mike Parker's Dishonesty

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

More Hook/Smoot hits - “ludicrous”, “smear”, “delusional/deluded”, “hilarious”, “desperate”, “egregious”, “awkward”, “double down”, “pseudonymous”, “shamelessly/shameless”, “misrepresentation”, and so on

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:44 am
More Hook/Smoot hits - “ludicrous”, “smear”, “delusional/deluded”, “hilarious”, “desperate”, “egregious”, “awkward”, “double down”, “pseudonymous”, “shamelessly/shameless”, “misrepresentation”, and so on

- Doc
Boy they love their adjectives........
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Doesn’t he?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

“DCP” wrote: Seatimer: "As long as these Heartlander theorists don't make disdainful comments regarding those who see a different model, and as long as they subscribe and obey Gospel principles, then like Dr. Peterson, I don't have a problem with their pet theory. But, when they become fanatical, rude, obnoxious and unfaithful to the Gospel and its leaders, then they certainly step into the arena of "contentious" behavior, and we certainly know from whom it is that all contention arises."

Exactly.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:38 pm
“DCP” wrote: Seatimer: "As long as these Heartlander theorists don't make disdainful comments regarding those who see a different model, and as long as they subscribe and obey Gospel principles, then like Dr. Peterson, I don't have a problem with their pet theory. But, when they become fanatical, rude, obnoxious and unfaithful to the Gospel and its leaders, then they certainly step into the arena of "contentious" behavior, and we certainly know from whom it is that all contention arises."

Exactly.
So, Midgley and FARMS apologists were under Satan's influence when they were waiting around for Elder Mark E. Petersen to die so that they could begin publishing about the LGT? The LGT is a Satan-inspired idea? Was Midgley being "contentious" when he got in the face of a General Authority Emeritus who was supportive of the Heartlanders?
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

More Hook/Smoot hits - “conspirators”, “efficacy/efficacious”, “particulars”, liberal use of “virtually”, “formula/formulaic”, “mislead/misleading”, “misinform/misinformation”, liberal use of “quasi”

My good readers, I haven’t even gotten half way through Captain Hooks posts on NNL ref a keyword comparison to Smoot’s posts on his blog Ploni Almoni. Literally maybe a quarter to a third of a way through.

The jury is absolutely in: Stephen Smoot is Captain Hook. 💯

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:00 pm
More Hook/Smoot hits - “conspirators”, “efficacy/efficacious”, “particulars”, liberal use of “virtually”, “formula/formulaic”, “mislead/misleading”, “misinform/misinformation”, liberal use of “quasi”

My good readers, I haven’t even gotten half way through Captain Hooks posts on NNL ref a keyword comparison to Smoot’s posts on his blog Ploni Almoni. Literally maybe a quarter to a third of a way through.

The jury is absolutely in: Stephen Smoot is Captain Hook. 💯

- Doc
Notice how Mike didn’t even mention Captain Hook after coming out. He made it seem like there was never anyone else but him on the blog.

My bet is on Steve “Bukakke” Smoot coming up with Nygren.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Given Steve Smoot’s heavy involvement with NNL, I don’t believe for a second DCP didn’t know about it. Mike is an Interpreter contributor. Smoot, well, that’s self-explanatory. DCP has referenced NNL often. This is all by design by those three to attack the Heartlander movement. Whether or not they got the memo from Salt Lake (remember that slide?) is beside the point - they are viciously and consistently attacking fellow Latter-day Saints for being too fundamentalist. The Church is clearly trying to move itself to a more Evangelical space, and having a large faction of Saints clinging to early prophets’ words and revelations is an obstacle to this.

- Doc
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:23 pm
Given Steve Smoot’s heavy involvement with NNL, I don’t believe for a second DCP didn’t know about it. Mike is an Interpreter contributor. Smoot, well, that’s self-explanatory. DCP has referenced NNL often. This is all by design by those three to attack the Heartlander movement. Whether or not they got the memo from Salt Lake (remember that slide?) is beside the point - they are viciously and consistently attacking fellow Latter-day Saints for being too fundamentalist. The Church is clearly trying to move itself to a more Evangelical space, and having a large faction of Saints clinging to early prophets’ words and revelations is an obstacle to this.

- Doc
Also consider that the MORE personalities involved, it looks like MANY are against the Heartland when in fact its only the 3 stooges, not 6 or 7 or more all against it. They are trying to make it look like there is far more support for their dubious enterprise than just a couple of disgruntled people.