Gemli and the Proprietor’s website

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Gemli and the Proprietor’s website

Post by Marcus »

DanielPeterson
gemli

More irrelevant and evasive blather from the gemli-bot.
Does he really not get it, is he really so incapable? Or is this just a wearisome game with him?

http://disq.us/p/2tm5ra2
But he’s never called gemli ‘stupid.’
DanielPeterson Mod > gemli

That statement is, simply, blitheringly stupid.

http://disq.us/p/2t4duvk
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

It’s almost as if Dowsin’ Dan is an … offender for a word.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Gemli is irrepressible...
gemli DanielPeterson
4 days ago

[DCP:]"If you're going to continue to refuse to discuss the issues I raised, can you at least have the minimal decency and civility to stop cluttering my blog with obfuscation and irrelevancy?"

I will if you will.

http://disq.us/p/2tw64le
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:42 pm
Dr. Peterson "If you're going to continue to refuse to discuss the issues I raised, can you at least have the minimal decency and civility to stop cluttering my blog with obfuscation and irrelevancy?"
Gemli is already more polite than the majority of posters at Sic et Non.
Too late to be part of either Dr. Peterson's Cruise through Egypt or his Holy Land Tour where you can hear his words while he is being carried on a sedan chair. They are both sold out since he is immensely popular with the Saints.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

the habit is so ingrained that glib dismissals and refusals to engage
It's worth reminding the person running this website that if Gemli has been allowed back or even if this is an old conversation, the only reason Gemli lasted so long is because he didn't engage. His engagement such that it was, was adequate for a cultist to see what's wrong with their positions should they choose to do so, namely that they would never believe any of the nonsense they preach if it came from any other cult, and so Gemli rejects all of it categorically.

While this irritates them, it's not that personal. If Gemli ever did do a deep dive on the witnesses or the first vision, and fired back with specific criticisms with his trademark humor and snappiness, he'd be banned in 5 minutes.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

“SeN comment section” wrote: gemli: "Ah, yes. The old "I've responded to you on this point" ploy. Clearly your response wasn't adequate, or I wouldn't keep trying to get a meaningful answer."

dp: “You've never engaged my previous responses, gemli. Never. I'm not going to waste more time on you until you become a serious partner in an actual conversation.
Here's Mr. Bennet, from Chapter 48 of Jane Austen's great Pride and Prejudice:
"I am not going to run away, papa," said Kitty fretfully. "If I should ever go to Brighton, I would behave better than Lydia."
"YOU go to Brighton. I would not trust you so near it as Eastbourne for fifty pounds! No, Kitty, I have at last learnt to be cautious, and you will feel the effects of it. No officer is ever to enter into my house again, nor even to pass through the village. Balls will be absolutely prohibited, unless you stand up with one of your sisters. And you are never to stir out of doors till you can prove that you have spent ten minutes of every day in a rational manner."
Kitty, who took all these threats in a serious light, began to cry.
"Well, well," said he, "do not make yourself unhappy. If you are a good girl for the next ten years, I will take you to a review at the end of them."”
It’s sad to see the church’s most prominent apologist behaving like this.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

drumdude wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 7:14 pm
“SeN comment section” wrote: gemli: "Ah, yes. The old "I've responded to you on this point" ploy. Clearly your response wasn't adequate, or I wouldn't keep trying to get a meaningful answer."

dp: “You've never engaged my previous responses, gemli. Never. I'm not going to waste more time on you until you become a serious partner in an actual conversation.
"I am not going to run away, papa," said Kitty fretfully. "If I should ever go to Brighton, I would behave better than Lydia."
"YOU go to Brighton. I would not trust you so near it as Eastbourne for fifty pounds! No, Kitty, I have at last learnt to be cautious, and you will feel the effects of it. No officer is ever to enter into my house again, nor even to pass through the village. Balls will be absolutely prohibited, unless you stand up with one of your sisters. And you are never to stir out of doors till you can prove that you have spent ten minutes of every day in a rational manner."
"Well, well," said he, "do not make yourself unhappy. If you are a good girl for the next ten years, I will take you to a review at the end of them."”
Peterson is a boorish idiot, who knows nothing except how to insult. What an ass he is.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Crazy to see these guys quote the Western canon to defend the unique beliefs of an alien sex cult.
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

drumdude wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 7:14 pm

Dan wants to be Charles Emerson Winchester the III but can't help letting Frank Burns creep in.