The Interpreter is sticking with Tapirs. Chariots aren't chariots and more.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: The Interpreter is sticking with Tapirs. Chariots aren't chariots and more.

Post by Philo Sofee »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:33 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:22 pm
I don't think Dr. Hales will be back to respond. He just wanted to do a drive-by chiding and leave.
I'm not convinced that the poster was actually Brian Hales. My money's on Richard Nygren's third cousin twice removed.
:lol:
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:26 pm
But chariots always have wheels, right Brian?

Duhh.
What if the events Brian Hales describes took place during the ice age? Pre-historic Mesoamerican horses could have easily pulled the chariot sleds in the snow. The Book of Mormon does not mention the events not taking place in the ice age. Ancient Nephites could have witnessed mammoths roaming the Yucatan tundra.

The stone box with the golden plates could have been redeposited in New York as the glaciers receded. All other archeological evidence may have been ground to dust under the weight of the ice.

Just need to apply the right apologetics.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

How much do you want to bet Dan rebuked Hales for posting here?

Gotta circle the wagons, can’t have one brave apologist making the head honcho look cowardly.
TwoCumorahFraud
Star A

Post by TwoCumorahFraud »

brianhales wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:02 pm
Hi,

I'm new to this chat board. I have to say that accuracy doesn't seem to be prized here. I'm the author of the INTERPRETER article. I don't say that Book of Mormon horses were tapirs. I have included the discussion for completeness. I doubt that was the animal. Horses in the Book of Mormon are rarely mentioned. Tapirs are more plentiful in the area today, although who knows what it might have looked like in 589 BCE.

The point of the article is that if horses (Equus caballus) existed among the Book of Mormon peoples, they did not use them as virtually all other developing civilizations used them. They didn't help in war or with transportation or in other ways.

This is important for determining the size of the Book of Mormon "Promised Land."

More importantly, it shows that critics have overstated their case when they say or imply that DNA evidence proves the Book of Mormon is not historical.

Thanks,

Brian Hales
Ha ha ha! Tapirs for completeness. Another parrot of Dr. John L. Sorenson. Nothing new from the Interpreter Foundation because none of them have any imagination other than to plagiarize from a dead RLDS member, Louis E. Hills, because Dr. Sorenson did.

Of course, L.E. Hills never brought up horses. He only dealt with maps. Sorenson suggested Tapirs after he decided on the false location for The Book of Mormon and modified L.E. Hills' maps because the copyrights expired.

That's the standard operation procedure for the Mopolopos. Everything is seen through the lens of Mesoamerica. Therefore, any horses that existed in the Yucatan weren't used for much. Becuase you know, during 1000 years of history, Nephites were idiots:

"If horses existed.. they didn't help in war or transportation."

Squawk! Rinse and Repeat, Rinse and Repeat!
--->
https://knowhy.bookofmormoncentral.org/ ... -of-Mormon

Because of this plagiarized yellow map dated April 6, 1917 (the year the US Congress declared war on Germany throwing the US into World War I), Jack Welch, Dan Peterson, Kirk Mableby and Brant Garder, think Mr. Ed is a Tapir.

Hello! I'm Mr. Ed the Tapir Horse!

I.F., BMC and the men mentioned, do not represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They're reselling a 100 year old theory for tax-free donations. You can do the same! The 100-year old copyrights have expired!

As fellow Church members, they're an embarrassment.

Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Hey kids! Listen up:
Book of Mormon Central wrote:Horses are mentioned only on a few occasions in the Book of Mormon
Only a "few" occasions? That doesn't sound so bad, does it?

It's like only smoking a few cigarettes every year or only sipping coffee once in a while or committing fornication only a few times in one's lifetime. No big deal.

So, it's okay to smoke a little, drink coffee once in a while, and bang your girlfriend -- just don't tell the bishop.

Stupid Mormons!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Hey kids! Listen up:

Book of Mormon Central wrote:In this small handful of references, no text ever says that horses were ridden or used in battle.

Neither does it say that Lamoni's personal chariot has wheels or if Ammon masturbates behind the king's back!

:twisted:

Stupid Mormons!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Hey kids! Listen up:

Book of Mormon Central wrote: They are sometimes mentioned with chariots, but are never actually described as pulling them.

You've got to be pulling my leg! Do you think I'm 11 years old? I consider this to be abuse.

Stupid Mormons!
TwoCumorahFraud
Star A

Post by TwoCumorahFraud »

Interpreter Foundation Spring Training

Mister Ed Plays Baseball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlVr45CHOuA
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Book of Mormon Central wrote: It is hard to determine exactly what kind of role they played in the daily life of Book of Mormon peoples except to say that they were “useful.”

Oh, I think it's easy to imagine that they would use horses in the same way as any other people or culture around the world. But it seems that Brant Gardner would have us think that horses were only good for eating: "The 'horse' never fulfills the functions we expect of a horse."

Never mind that eating horse meat violates Moses' law!

Brant, you're an idiot. You are a fool, you stupid man. Come to Discuss Mormonism so I can whip your sorry ass in front everyone.

YOU stupid brainwashed man. You make me sick!

:evil:
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:37 am
Hey kids! Listen up:
Book of Mormon Central wrote: They are sometimes mentioned with chariots, but are never actually described as pulling them.
You've got to be pulling my leg! Do you think I'm 11 years old? I consider this to be abuse.
Hey, Shulem, baby! Check out this leg stretch:

Hint: What always can be found with a pair of balls whether mentioned or not?

In your face, Book of Mormon Central! You too, Brant Gardner.